6spd manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has any one experimented or researched swapping a 6spd manual in these trucks? It seams like it would eliminate a major weak spot in the performance of the Rams to me. :shrug:

KLRpanda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Has any one experimented or researched swapping a 6spd manual in these trucks? It seams like it would eliminate a major weak spot in the performance of the Rams to me. :shrug:

Ill have a T56 in mine before to long.

OP
OP
homsh

homsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I may be very wrong but it would seem that everything needed is sitting in the challengers? Yeah, would need to do a drive shaft but thats nothing. Engine management, trans etc for a 5.7 already is there, how hard would it be to swap it out? Somebody out there knows ;)

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I may be very wrong but it would seem that everything needed is sitting in the challengers? Yeah, would need to do a drive shaft but thats nothing. Engine management, trans etc for a 5.7 already is there, how hard would it be to swap it out? Somebody out there knows ;)

I think the biggest issue would be making the engine happy with ECU's locked up the way they are. I'd email Hemifever or Whitelightning to see if this is possible on the tuning side of things.

OP
OP
homsh

homsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think the biggest issue would be making the engine happy with ECU's locked up the way they are. I'd email Hemifever or Whitelightning to see if this is possible on the tuning side of things.

Good idea

KLRpanda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
That will be awesome!

Yeah I can't wait! Ill start Saving penny's after the turbo build is over... But everything is in the challenger. But I'm going to run the T56 out of the SRT10 I've already got
Parts for it and hook ups on the parts I don't have already. Tuning is the major issue. However there is a Hemi 6 speed in the work trucks so you might be able to use that PCM. I love my
Dodge but sadly after this truck
I believe
I'm going to a Chevy. It's alot
Easier to mod the motors hold boost better and they are 10x easier to
Tune.