'96 ram hit varmit with driver side left tire..why does it pull to right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramster96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
I hit medium sized varmit with left front tire and now ram pull hard to right? What happened?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There've been reports of guys hitting potholes and having the same issue ...going back years. Must have to do with the electric steering. I don't remember the 'fix'. Do a search (hit 'pothole'). You might try putting your truck wheels straight, unhook the battery for quite a while, then hook it back up. Must have been some varmit! ("Tell him about the twinky..." [Ghostbusters])

Maybe someone else will chime in.

_____

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It’s very possible that said varmit has bent your tie-rod or damaged something inside the steering rack.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hit medium sized varmit with left front tire and now ram pull hard to right? What happened?
Is your truck 2wd or 4wd. If it knocked the alignment off it’ll push the driver side tire out. For the truck to steer straight it’ll have to turn right slightly. Get the alignment checked. Unless it messed up the tire? Did it break the belt inside the tire?
There've been reports of guys hitting potholes and having the same issue ...going back years. Must have to do with the electric steering. I don't remember the 'fix'. Do a search (hit 'pothole'). You might try putting your truck wheels straight, unhook the battery for quite a while, then hook it back up. Must have been some varmit! ("Tell him about the twinky..." [Ghostbusters])

_____
96 ram is hydraulic steering

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

_____
Pretty sure a 96 didn't have electric steering.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh yeah.... I didn't see '96. Nope, no electric steering. Yeah probably alignment.