99' Stereo Upgrade Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sentrek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bought my son a 99' Ram 1500 for his first truck but the stereo is junk, no fm radio and front speakers get nothing, and would prefer him to have bluetooth to use his phone if needed and possible add a back up cam. Looking for ideas on a best bang for the buck and ease of install. Any suggestions?

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
It can be done but how much $$$ do you want to spend is the question. For best OEM look, you have to replace the whole dash panel and modify the sub dash. If you can do it yourself, I'd go to Crutchfield, enter the vehicle info and see what they have for it. Otherwise, take her to a audio shop and open your wallet :oops:

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did mine myself. 4 speakers(Infiniti), head unit, Sirius XM tuner, , bought new tailgate handle with camera built in and all brackets, parts to adapt to make it work and i spent around $800. Head unit is a Kenwood double DIN not top of the line about mid range and that was $400 with XM tuner, without was $25 cheaper, and is Android Auto and Car play compatible.

There are cheaper ones. Best Buy charges around $100 to install and an Audio shop depending on where you live ....here is between $100 and $200 to install.

Pretty much i got everything on Amazon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sentrek

sentrek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks guys, I actually forgot all about crutchfield. I am not looking to brake the bank considering this is his first truck which will most likely either get wrecked or traded in before too long, so not looking to invest a bunch of money in it (even though I know any stereo we install can be removed, we just most likely wont do that). I see a couple affordable options on crutchfield so well probably just go that route.

Reactions: Mop