ABS Control Module Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Capps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone tried having the ABS Module repaired? There are a couple of companies that are doing this for the C2200-49 code.

I am trying to remove the module and the top two screws came out without issue. The bottom two, however, have caused me some grief. The Torx is trying to round out on me. I used plenty of penetrating fluid and they will not budge. I was a genius (not) and thought I would cut a slit in one to get a flat blade in to remove. It's pot metal I guess and one side has broken off. If I removed the hydraulic pump from the bracket, will I have any play to move the pump enough to get a good grip on the inside lower screw? If I were to disconnect the brake lines to the unit, will I have to bleed if the brake pedal doesn't get depressed?

What a PITA. I am so tempted to put the top screws back in and just drive. I am concerned I will fail inspection in a month and in NC, no inspection equals no tag renewal.

Thanks.

Chris

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No I haven't. But I have had other non-abs modules (different vehicles) successfully repaired. If you're a strong DIY guy, there are a few videos where guys show in detail how to go through ABS modules and valve systems. Some are slightly different units, but the same essential process. Do some Y/T searching....

(if you can get a dremmel in there, cut a slot on the head, and use a blade screwdriver)

OP
OP
C

Chris Capps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed my repaired ABS Module. Thankfully, everything seems normal so far. I received a checklist showing they found a fault in the part, and it was repaired and passed inspection. It was packaged nicely. I shipped the module on a Friday and received it back the following Wednesday. The fact that the OEM part has been unavailable for over 18 months is absurd.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed my repaired ABS Module. Thankfully, everything seems normal so far. I received a checklist showing they found a fault in the part, and it was repaired and passed inspection. It was packaged nicely. I shipped the module on a Friday and received it back the following Wednesday. The fact that the OEM part has been unavailable for over 18 months is absurd.
Who did you have repair the module? I see the 2013 module is like trying to find a unicorn...

KDMc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Do you mind sharing where you shipped it to? I posted a long history of what I'm helping my daughter deal with looking for help. The dealer said there are no remanufactured parts available through Chrysler, however, an independent auto shop said they can get one without going through Chrysler for around $1500. She has a 2016 Ram Laramie. 120K miles.

mullet6577

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you mind sharing where you shipped it to? I posted a long history of what I'm helping my daughter deal with looking for help. The dealer said there are no remanufactured parts available through Chrysler, however, an independent auto shop said they can get one without going through Chrysler for around $1500. She has a 2016 Ram Laramie. 120K miles.
Based on the post just above yours, it's likely this

olds330

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok, so, after looking at the company that rebuilds these with a lifetime warranty I
think what I am going to do is buy a used one from eBay and then rebuild the used
one.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Kudos to you for solving the problem, at YOUR level, and thanks for sharing the efficiency of the repairing company.

DaSOB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I had sent an inquiry to an outfit called Factory Chrysler Parts, and I got the following reply. This is copied directly from their response email. My inquiry email is below their response. Frankly, I'm very leery of dealing with this outfit because they claim they can get the part in 7-10 days (when it is known to be out of production), and because of the extremely unprofessional appearance of the response:

i can order i can have it in 7-10 business days

Sir/Madam –

I hope you can help me. I have a 2015 Ram 1500 that has a faulty ABS module, OEM part #68228991AD. I have no ABS or cruise control. I need the module replaces, but I am in a fix because I cannot find one anywhere – I have been given to understand that it has been discontinued!! That is insane!

Anyway, I’m hoping that you can give me some help in just possibly locating a source for this module.

I deeply appreciate your time and assistance.

KJR1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how to get your truck into drive with a faulty ABS Control Module? It starts fine, runs fine, brakes fine when I'm able to put it in drive.

DaSOB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Does anyone know how to get your truck into drive with a faulty ABS Control Module? It starts fine, runs fine, brakes fine when I'm able to put it in drive.
Depending on the fault, you may or may not be able to put the vehicle into Drive. When I was first trying to resolve this issue, I tried to drive my truck with the ABS module off. The computer would let me start the motor, but it would not allow me to shift into Drive.