Add Technology groups after purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

godsent09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Who knows if I can add technology groups in my truck after purchase? I want to get my speedometer showing in my windshield. Any one knows if that can happen?

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
There is a ton of expense to add some of these options, and then you would have to have the software to tell the truck they are there. Also for the heads up display, I think the windshield might be different, as to the fact it has to be reflective in that spot. None of these options are a plug and play from what I have read on here.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Adding the HUD would require replacing the entire dash, along with whatever modules and sales codes needed to make it work. Probably easier to trade your truck in for one with the HUD if you want OEM. There are aftermarket solutions available, but I have no idea how well they work.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP: Here is a read on HUD. Just FYI: I had HUD in my Camaro, and I hated it, more junk to look at, but then I am not a fighter pilot, just a BOIRD, lmao.

Last edited: