Adding backup camera Mopar kit 82214240AC Missing radio harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quake9999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
About a year ago i bought P/n 82214240AC to add the reverse camera to my 2014 Bighorn. I never got around to installing it until a couple days ago and i got to the point in the instructions where you assemble the connector under the dash and plug in the "radio harness" that goes up to the radio. Come to find out the "radio harness" is not in the box which i did open but i never took anything out that i can remember.
Of course its now my wife's daily so now this has become a priority.

Anyway its been too long to return it to where i got it from but i need that radio harness.
There is no part number in the instructions for it and 2 different dealers parts counter guys told me unless i had a part number they were clueless.

So does anybody happen to know if there is a Mopar part number for the harness that is missing?
Or maybe just the connectors/Pins that i would need to buy to make my own?

I mean i know where the wires all go from the instructions so making a replacement would not be that big of a deal for me. I just have know idea where to even start looking to find the pins or connector that i would need to make this happen.
Honestly at the minimum if i could get the pins for the connector on the rear of the radio i could just solder the wires on the other end where they have you assemble the connector that the radio harness would plug in to.

I would really to not have to buy another $350 kit to get the missing 3' harness.

Link to kit instructions ↓

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Was anything besides the camera in the box

short tailgate harness
harness that runs down the frame
etc.

1641697573433.png
read this site to see if there are any other parts # mentioned

this is the same harness as yours, but yours had a minor change to update it, that is why yours reads AC

OP
OP
Q

quake9999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Was anything besides the camera in the box

short tailgate harness
harness that runs down the frame
etc.

View attachment 482145
read this site to see if there are any other parts # mentioned

this is the same harness as yours, but yours had a minor change to update it, that is why yours reads AC

Everything above was included in the kit with the exception of.....

Camera kit1.png

It is listed in the instructions in the list of parts and in the installation steps so i don't believe the revision kit that i purchased is the wrong kit. I'm sure that it was either not in there or i lost it some how.

Mostly my fault for ordering it not only from eBay but not checking that i had everything before i left it sit in my garage for a year.

OP
OP
Q

quake9999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I may have found a possible solution to my own problem. I went down the rabbit hole last night on google searching every way i could think of and stumbled across

http://metraonline.com/part/71-6523

Ordered one if it has pins in it that are compatible with the factory connector i can steal a few from the metra plug and do a little splicing. Its only 3 wires that i need to bring over from the mopar harness to the back of the radio anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca