After Market Rear Diff Cover??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
The stock swaybars are hollow ,not sure if you guys knew that or not
I did not know this, thank you for the info.
I like the idea that the aftermarket sway bar has polyurethane thingies on them as apposed to wear out rubber.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
The stock swaybars are hollow ,not sure if you guys knew that or not,while the Hellwig is a solid bar,so the first thing you'll notice is how much heavier the Hellwig is compared to the stock bar,lol.

This is why I want to upgrade the track bar as well as the rear upper and lower control arms...everything in these trucks were designed for the window sticker as far as mpg...and the govt mandates and to shave weight. I don't mind the added weight as I plan to upgrade my intake...heads...and maybe add a whipple kit down the road.

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Was just checking out cutter ups face book page....looks like Rob just finished up his rear upper and lower control arms for Ricks truck....they look good....Rob could you tell us a little more about the design for example about the 2 different style joints you selected and why...how do these compare with the Currie Johnny joints? Here is a pic of his Facebook page....I can't wait to see how they perform....I really want a set for my rig....along with a track bar that fits with the maghytec cover!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5321.jpg
    IMG_5321.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_5322.jpg
    IMG_5322.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5323.jpg
    IMG_5323.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Was just checking out cutter ups face book page....looks like Rob just finished up his rear upper and lower control arms for Ricks truck....they look good....Rob could you tell us a little more about the design for example about the 2 different style joints you selected and why...how do these compare with the Currie Johnny joints? Here is a pic of his Facebook page....I can't wait to see how they perform....I really want a set for my rig....along with a track bar that fits with the maghytec cover!!!

They're scheduled to go on my truck Friday afternoon,i'll try to get some pics of them installed along with the Illicit relocation brackets that are already on the truck. For you guys that have issues with a high speed wobble or sway,the Illicit brackets will cure that issue. One of my buddies had issues withrear-end sway/wobble above 100mph on his little lowered regular cab shortbox 4X4,and he swears by the illicit brackets,i know my truck tracks dead straight to at least 125mph,and is a lot nicer to drive above 80mph.
Once I get a few miles on Robs arms and maybe a couple dragstrip passes,i'll report my findings,but that could take a bit yet,it's still flipping winter up here,aarrgghh,lol

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I think this rear end cover subject has been TOTALLY hijacked.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
What kind of temp differences are you guys measuring between the stock cover and the aftermarkets covers? I'm curious on how much the temps drop with an aftermarket cover,as the hottest I've ever measured my diff at is about 140F after about 50 miles at 80 mph,but I don't tow anything

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Last edited:

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Here is a a pic of Cutter up Rob's panhard bar on a 4th gen with a mag hytec cover...this truck is lowered....not sure that will make a difference. Can't really tell how much clearance there is between cover and bar....Also Rob makes 2 heavey duty and extra heavy duty. This is the heavy duty not as thick as the extra heavy duty.

Attachments

• IMG_5337.jpg
    IMG_5337.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 94

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Here is a a pic of Cutter up Rob's panhard bar on a 4th gen with a mag hytec cover...this truck is lowered....not sure that will make a difference. Can't really tell how much clearance there is between cover and bar....Also Rob makes 2 heavey duty and extra heavy duty. This is the heavy duty not as thick as the extra heavy duty.

Honestly his extra heavy duty is way overkill,lol. I have it,and it's more suited to a 1 ton then 1/2 ton,lol

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
So, the one pictured even has a bend in it?

No, Rob's bar is straight in the picture... I believe no bend....he can make anything though... I just would like to see how much clearance there is between the cover and this bar. Truck pictured is lowered but should t change anything.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That's Dans truck,i don't think he posts here , he hasn't said anything about having clearance issues between the bar and cover.He did have to cut the upper loop off, that's on the crossmember right above the cover,but I know other guys have said there's clearance issues with that loop and this cover.

Dans running the no cut brackets from Illicit on his R/T ,if you're wondering why his locating arms are in a different spot then they'd be on a stock truck.. I'll send him a link to this,and hopefully he'll show up to answer questions.

Last edited:

d_korecky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I am here if you have any questions about the Illicit Brackets and Cutterup Bar yes the bar is offset to clear the diff cover its close but does clear about 1/8"

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Not to be a NIA but if you are putting one of these covers on forever then you should be using Green silicone, it's the only one actually formulated to stand up to gear lube and you shouldn't be using silicone and an O-ring it the same application, if want to put a little oil on the o-ring that would help it seat when tightening down.

I intend to use no oring just the rtv and I will be using the right stuff oh hell maybe I'll try the green goo never used it before!

Last edited:

Markcuda

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015-Laramie-1500-CC-4X4
Engine
Truck pictured is lowered but should t change anything.
Unless the lowering brackets give the track bar more differential cover clearance.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You could eat off that undercarriage.

jag1886

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7 S&B CAI, flowmaster merge collector, Gibson cat back, oil catch can, 87
I intend to use no oring just the rtv and I will be using the right stuff oh hell maybe I'll try the green goo never used it before!

WHY???

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Hey guys I am here if you have any questions about the Illicit Brackets and Cutterup Bar yes the bar is offset to clear the diff cover its close but does clear about 1/8"

Dan thanks for commenting....you have a beautiful truck....loving the white bars!!! On the oem quad cab stock height...many have about the same clearance 1/8" with the maghytec covers. I know Rob stated he off set the bars a bit....so clearance shouldn't be a problem with his bar if wanting to go this route very similar tolerances to the oem bar as far as clearance but Rob's is much stronger as well as thicker metal... So far the only track bar I have seen that might provide a bit more clearance around these covers is the Dodge Off Road track bars that have a slight CNC bend in the middle. They also use 7/8" shank Currie johnnie joints on both sides as well. i am defiantly gonna upgrade mine just need to make a decision.:superhack::superhack:

Dodge Off Road Rear Track Bar 2014-2016