AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just went out and realized, I don’t have the hood latch so this is not going to work. Lol

I did notice that I had 11.60 volts present at “ Hood Ajar Switch Voltage”. I don’t know if that means that I have everything populated that I would need or not??

View attachment 150011

The hood ajar voltage will drop to approx. 5-6 volts when the hood latch is installed and the hood is closed.

Hood Ajar Switch Voltage: 5.41 V

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This switch can turn the air suspension setting into rebel, set off1 to the default height, I have tested, 4wd works normally, and no problems are found. I will continue to study other switches. However, if my car is broken, no one can help me fix it. Haha

View attachment 149964

View attachment 149965

View attachment 149966

View attachment 149967
Good to know. @Ghost_RAM, can this be added to the known working settings?

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Has anyone ever had trouble connecting using Windows 10? I have no problem connecting with my Android and my COM port settings are fine. The PC worked fine in the beginning but now it just locks up while trying to connect and I have to force it to close.

ALFA not responding.png

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Has anyone ever had trouble connecting using Windows 10? I have no problem connecting with my Android and my COM port settings are fine. The PC worked fine in the beginning but now it just locks up while trying to connect and I have to force it to close.

View attachment 150046
You may have to right click on the program and select: Run as Administrator
I find some of the programs I use for work will act up if I don't on Win10
You may have to try uninstalling then re-installing the program. Right click on the .exe and select: Run as Administrator also.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just uninstalled it and reinstalled it and tried to run it as Administrator also. Still the same lock up / attempting to connect problem. I messaged Alexey but thought I'd ask here too.

Fremen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So no luck so far.

Tried setting in off acc and run to program the new fobik.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So no luck so far.

Tried setting in off acc and run to program the new fobik.
If it is failing at the point where you press the unlock button, the fob is probably still programmed for another vehicle. I ordered two for mine and one didn't work. I sent it back.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I had the same problem with Win 10. Here's the setting I had use:

Begin at the “Start” header:

1 Select “Advanced Mode”

2 Device: “Body Vision/750”

3 Modification: “RAM 1500/2500/3500/4500”

4 Interface: “OBDKey USB/BT”

5 Com Port: “3”

6 Select “Connect”

And, give it time, it was slow to connect.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank John Jensen, I just tried that and still the same issue. Uninstalled it again, refreshed my BT drivers and restated the pc, still freezes attempting to connect. No issue connecting to the OBDMX using OBDwiz in windows and no problem connecting to Alfa with Android. Still running the same AlfaOBD version that came out 11/26 and 3 weeks ago the last time I used it, it connected in seconds. The com port setting is good with no error messages. The Alfa version in windows doesn't auto update like the Android version does so unless it was a Microsoft update that caused the issue I'm temporally at a loss.

Somehow it will get figured out but for now,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Bummer :cool:

I also have the Android version and like it better than the Win 10 process. Bought the Win 10 version first and haven't used it since I got the Android version. Your experience makes me wonder - I need to try my upgraded Win 10 version to see if it still works properly or is it going to act like yours.

Thanks for the Merry Christmass and same back to you

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Thank John Jensen, I just tried that and still the same issue. Uninstalled it again, refreshed my BT drivers and restated the pc, still freezes attempting to connect. No issue connecting to the OBDMX using OBDwiz in windows and no problem connecting to Alfa with Android. Still running the same AlfaOBD version that came out 11/26 and 3 weeks ago the last time I used it, it connected in seconds. The com port setting is good with no error messages. The Alfa version in windows doesn't auto update like the Android version does so unless it was a Microsoft update that caused the issue I'm temporally at a loss.

Somehow it will get figured out but for now,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Trying to connect for the first time on Windows 10 and having same freezing issue during connection :Angry:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well that sucks!!!! Maybe some others that have Windows versions can try to connect and let us know the results. I already messaged Alexey and let him know my problem of freezing while trying to connect.
I think if others have problems they should post here and message Alexey too because I'm sure he'll address it and help us.

Fremen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I get he unlock prompt and then nothing.
After ten minutes nothing happens.

What am insusposd to run it on?
Off acc or run?

If it is failing at the point where you press the unlock button, the fob is probably still programmed for another vehicle. I ordered two for mine and one didn't work. I sent it back.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Off acc or run?
I think you need a replacement keyfob. When you get the prompt to press unlock, then hit unlock it should be done. I had the same issue with one of the two that I programmed. I sent that on back to the seller.

17Dually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
JB mentioned that ALFA could fix my turn signal out msg from the stupid Spyder tail lights I bought. I looked thru the known codes and didn't see LED turn signal settings. Any help?
I put a flatbed on my 2017 Ram 3500 that originally had LED tail lights. The LEDs the upfitter put on the bed gave me a bulb out quick flash. It turns out the factory LEDs had a extra wire in addition to the positive and negative that the aftermarket LEDs had. See the attached pdf - I used method B and solved my problem. Good luck

Attachments

• Ram Truck Exterior Lighting modifications.pdf
    293.4 KB · Views: 21

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Off acc or run?

Key in Run position, but engine NOT running.

-K

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Well that sucks!!!! Maybe some others that have Windows versions can try to connect and let us know the results. I already messaged Alexey and let him know my problem of freezing while trying to connect.
I think if others have problems they should post here and message Alexey too because I'm sure he'll address it and help us.
I got it to connect by switching to COM4 from COM5 (although last night neither worked)
I'm connected and read my status ID however I cant find any settings for DRL or fog drop out or any of that on the windows version... this **** is just not working out for me.

All I can do is run tests on things, nothing to really adjust.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Glad you got it connected.

Did you:
Begin at the “Active Diagnostic” header: select "Car configuration” (last or bottom option). Then go to "Select Option" and search the long list

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Thanks for the tip John. The Windows version layout is much different than Android so I didnt know what I was looking for! I was just going off of all the screenshots in this thread.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I put a flatbed on my 2017 Ram 3500 that originally had LED tail lights. The LEDs the upfitter put on the bed gave me a bulb out quick flash. It turns out the factory LEDs had a extra wire in addition to the positive and negative that the aftermarket LEDs had. See the attached pdf - I used method B and solved my problem. Good luck

I appreciate the tips. I'll have to figure out which way I want to go. The vendor and manufacturer both say this is a plug and play application.