Almost screwed up big time tonite

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was removing the pcm connectors from my truck to replace the unlocked one from diablo. The one on the left if your looking at the pcm came off easy but the one on the right kept slipping when moving the red handle that keeps it in place. Any suggestions on how to remove it. I installed the 180 stat tonite as well but at this point it seems useless since I won't be able to tune the truck to it. My truck starts for now which is the good thing but as far as the connector it keeps slipping and I don't have the money to risk my luck breaking it to install the unlocked pcm.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good to know! Will be installing my unlocked one tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Wiggle the plug as you lift the locking handle, it's just probably stuck and being stubborn

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wiggle the plug as you lift the locking handle, it's just probably stuck and being stubborn

The bottom of the black connection that the locking handle is on is popping out which is causing the red handle to slip and not be able to bite. I wiggled, tried to slide it down with a screwdriver, any and everything i can think of.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try to contact either Sean or Matt at Moe's and maybe they can give you some suggestions.
Jay

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try to contact either Sean or Matt at Moe's and maybe they can give you some suggestions.
Jay

I hope they can, at this point I'm too frustrated and gonna step away tonite. Hopefully they can give me some advice

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Let me know how it goes. I plan on calling Matt at Moe's to make sure I get it right

Moab_Rockstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 2500
Engine
5.9L
The connectors to the PCM can be finicky, and they are delicate. The trick sometimes is the try to hold the top shell on, while carefully lifting/jiggling the locking arm. If you have a thin blade or screw driver, you can push down a little at a time on the locking slides at the base of the connector with the locking arm free.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I kind of wiggled mine from side to side and mine came right off. You can try pushing it back in and locking it again and try to take it off again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me know how it goes. I plan on calling Matt at Moe's to make sure I get it right

Just be very patient and gentle with them. They( the red locking handles ) look like they are well built but they are kinda flimsy. I finally got the one off this morning before work. Patience is key. Which I found out last nite

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just be very patient and gentle with them. They( the red locking handles ) look like they are well built but they are kinda flimsy. I finally got the one off this morning before work. Patience is key. Which I found out last nite

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you got it figured out
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You got to tell us what you think of it????????????
Jay

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You got to tell us what you think of it????????????
Jay

Just got the tune for 91 octane in and it was chirping the wheels going to second. Pretty cool so far. Can't wait to get the hemifever tune ! Mods so far are carven exhaust with y pipe, vararam and 180 stat. I am debating on sending my old pcm back but plans for the truck are going to void warranty most likely anyway

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The custom tune will be a lot better.
Jay