AlphaOBD programming question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cummins2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have searched everywhere and cannot find a solid answer, hoping someone knows. My truck needs a new BCM, it functions but the door locks are sporadic, its been diagnosed down to a bad BCM. When purchasing a new BCM it says the dealer will need to flash the new BCM for it to function. This is my question: is it possible to program the new BCM to function with AlphaOBD instead of going to the dealer for a flash? Could one just backup the settings on the old BCM with AlphaOBD and put them on the new BCM and drive off into the sunset?? Thanks.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is no backup/restore function in Alpha. You could, in theory, make a note of every setting and try to recreate them, but no-one has yet attempted to do so, at least not and reported it here. Given the number of settings and the issues some have had in the past when accidentally altering things like the country and vehicle type settings, it's probably easier and definitely safer to have a dealer do it.

-K

OP
OP
C

Cummins2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Can't thank you enough. Thank you for the honest answer without the usual forum insecure responses.

Reactions: kad

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I had the same problem with the locks being sporadic, I got my RF Hub rebooted and that fixed it.

OP
OP
C

Cummins2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I had the same problem with the locks being sporadic, I got my RF Hub rebooted and that fixed it.
Really? What symptoms were you having? On mine when I try to lock the doors, whether it be from remote, inside or outside lock buttons, the tail gate will lock but the doors will not. I have to attempt to lock the doors a good 3-5 times before they will finally lock.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really? What symptoms were you having? On mine when I try to lock the doors, whether it be from remote, inside or outside lock buttons, the tail gate will lock but the doors will not. I have to attempt to lock the doors a good 3-5 times before they will finally lock.
As said earlier, if you have alfa try resetting the RF hub and see if that helps.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

On mine, the unlock was sporadic. I'd have to to press the unlock on the fob several times and sometimes it would not work at all. But it was either all or none and they always worked using the buttons in the truck. I only had the truck for a couple weeks, so I had just brought it back to the dealer and they said they rebooted the RF Hub.