Alpharex LUXX series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Looks like you can buy the popular Alpharex 5th gen style projector headlights with LED built in:
https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-luxx-series-led-projector-headlights-black/
Looks like they might use the Osram Oslon black flat LED chips. Found some reviews reviews from Toyota owners saying they have some impressive light output and those headlights appear to use a similar projector style to the Ram version.

Looks like the LED chips are made inhouse.

The blacked out versions look sweet.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looks like you can buy the popular Alpharex 5th gen style projector headlights with LED built in:
https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-luxx-series-led-projector-headlights-black/
Looks like they might use the Osram Oslon black flat LED chips. Found some reviews reviews from Toyota owners saying they have some impressive light output and those headlights appear to use a similar projector style to the Ram version.
I recently went with the luxx series of the 2500 style- TiJhM1X.jpg
I figured this time around, I didn’t want to mess with any projectors, kits, or bulbs. Although, I did open them up to paint them.
The only thing I can’t stand is the stupid “light show dance” the DRL strip does (same for the 5th gen style linked), and there’s no way to disable it. I use DRL dropout for my turn signals, and every time I’m done using the turn signal, that ridiculous Knight Rider light show happens to the DRL when it comes back on.

OP
OP
crash68

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I recently went with the luxx series of the 2500 style...
I use DRL dropout for my turn signals, and every time I’m done using the turn signal, that ridiculous Knight Rider light show happens to the DRL when it comes back on.
I think that was you that I read posting about those headlights, it would be interesting to find out if these low beam projectors has a shutter like the 2500 style. The output on the Toyota versions look decent but didn't notice anything when switched to high.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think that was you that I read posting about those headlights, it would be interesting to find out if these low beam projectors has a shutter like the 2500 style. The output on the Toyota versions look decent but didn't notice anything when switched to high.
The low beam projector on the 5th gen style luxx series have a fixed shield.

OP
OP
crash68

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The low beam projector on the 5th gen style luxx series have a fixed shield.
I have the original 5th gen V1 now but wonder if these will get an upgrade since they're going with built in LEDs.

OP
OP
crash68

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So should I wait to see if they come up with a newer version? I was about to order these ! lol

You could wait but Murphy's Law will apply, they'll update them right after you decide to buy them! ..lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
You could wait but Murphy's Law will apply, they'll update them right after you decide to buy them! ..lol

Which ones do you have ? lol .... the boss is willing to let me spend $1000 towards my truck that will cover new headlights and the bedliner for my bumpers, grille, fender flares and bed lol ... HELP !

OP
OP
crash68

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Which ones do you have ?
I have the Gen5 V1 in all chrome
IMG_20190713_153703618.jpg
I running Hikari Ultra LEDs in the highs and ZXEs in the lows. If I were to buy them now I would probably buy the Luxx series(built in LED) Chrome & Black ones

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Does anyone have a wiring diagram of how these headlights are wired up?? I have an idea of plug and play setup.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have the Gen5 V1 in all chrome
View attachment 220440
I running Hikari Ultra LEDs in the highs and ZXEs in the lows. If I were to buy them now I would probably buy the Luxx series(built in LED) Chrome & Black ones
Only thing about the luxx series is that they are built in leds and if they burn out you can't replace them

Alpharex confirmed that earlier today Screenshot_20200902-083726_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Of course @Jimmy07 has already installed these, so being that you did it months ago, what are your opinion of them in use? Did you get the light show issue rectified? I kinda like the overall design, curious how they actually perform though. Also, how does the beam pattern perform?

GMC7784

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8
Hi,

I bought these headlights for my 2020 ram 1500 classic with the converter harness.

I'm wondering how to wire the harness. That's because of the big connector. I have not this one on the truck but the two little ones for the low beam and turn signal (see the pic).

Is someone has an idea how to wire this harness properly.

Thank you very much for your help.

20210613_095346.jpg

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,

I bought these headlights for my 2020 ram 1500 classic with the converter harness.

I'm wondering how to wire the harness. That's because of the big connector. I have not this one on the truck but the two little ones for the low beam and turn signal (see the pic).

Is someone has an idea how to wire this harness properly.

Thank you very much for your help.

View attachment 250490
https://alpharexusa.com/09-ram-headlights-installation-guide/

This has everything you should need, did you have projector or quad headlights stock? It looks like you took out the connector for the turn signal bulb but you are supposed to leave it in and plug the harness for the new lights into where the bulb would go on the connector

GMC7784

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8
Hi,

For the turn signal bulb i agree.

I think i'm supposed to plug the low beam connector from the headlight to the converter harness one too. But after that, only the big connector left and i don't have this kind of connector on the truck just the ones on the pic.

I'm sorry i don't see how to wire all the connectors properly

Thanks for your help

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,

For the turn signal bulb i agree.

I think i'm supposed to plug the low beam connector from the headlight to the converter harness one too. But after that, only the big connector left and i don't have this kind of connector on the truck just the ones on the pic.

I'm sorry i don't see how to wire all the connectors properly

Thanks for your help
You don’t need the converter harnesss, that’s only if you have projector housings. You need to plug your headlight into the existing plugs on the truck no additional harness is needed

GMC7784

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 v8
Ok i tried this but i have an error message like low beam don't work properly. And that's true because they're off when the engine is on like the drl.

In Canada, all cars have the lights on during the day, it's the law.

Am i obliged to wire the drl harness to have my headlights ready to go too?

Nerveex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok i tried this but i have an error message like low beam don't work properly. And that's true because they're off when the engine is on like the drl.

In Canada, all cars have the lights on during the day, it's the law.

Am i obliged to wire the drl harness to have my headlights ready to go too?
You either need resistors or to change the bulbs to led in the bcm with alfaobd I don’t really know I didn’t have any errors with mine, I did wire the drl into the fuse box with the module. But i don’t know if that makes a difference for the errors