Alpine 8.4AN dash speaker and OEM subwoofer upgrade- '15 2500 CC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did have an issue with the adapter plug not wanting to connect on one of them and it turns out it was the pin alignment inside the adapter. If you have one that won't go back together, check that before you try and force it!

Haha....me too. I was looking at it for a couple minutes wondering why I was having an issue. Then I was like, I'll see if bending the pin a little will fix it and it did. I don't like forcing things together...it never works out good for me!

Reactions: 502

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Finally got the front doors done. The Infinity 6x9's fit with the supplied spacers bit it's tight and they really only get low and mid range with the Alpine system. At some point I will be replacing the head unit and it should make an even larger improvement. Right now, for the money, the speaker replacement has made the system sound much better but it's still lacking in bass. When I can, I will be adding a powered sub to help with that.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Help me out here guys, am I an idiot? I can't​ get my JL sub removed. Can't find any YouTube or other help references... Took the grill off and the sub doesn't lift out.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also, the referenced harnesses aren't plug n play for me. I've got a 2015 w/ jl system. Is this only for the Alpine?

hiram23clarke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone thought about swapping the headliner speakers?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

joneseysr6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Also, the referenced harnesses aren't plug n play for me. I've got a 2015 w/ jl system. Is this only for the Alpine?

its either alpine or stock. jl is not offered in any ram truck.

if you do mean alpine, than you need to completely unbolt the oem sub enclosure form the sides, lift it out and there is a random bolt on the bottom that hold the oem sub in place as well ( that means the bolts around the sub and one on the bottom of the sub to remove it from the oem enclosure )

hiram23clarke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also how much polyfill did you guys use?

SDDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After reading through this thread I also swapped out the dash speakers, rear doors and changed the sub. I put JBL CLUB3020 in the three dash locations, and JBL CLUB9630’s in the rear doors. The install was very easy and made a world of difference. I did try installing the Pioneer sub in the factory enclosure and was not impressed. I ended up taking it out and installing an Audiocontrol LC2i, a Punch P300X1 amp and the single 10” W3 JL Audio Stealthbox made for our trucks. The Stealthbox sounds great and really brought the system to life. I listen to Hard and classic rock for the most part and this setup is clean and punchy.

Thanks to the guys on here that posted all the info. For the money this upgrade is well worth it.
I can’t believe Alpine would put their name on this stock system!

Mgmlot93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just got done doing the 7 speakers, fox box, two alpine type r subs and a mtx 1500w class d amp. I have the extra Infinity speaker and wiring adapter. If anyone needs it shoot me a message. I will ship the speaker and adapter for $50

devildog30589

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got the front doors done. The Infinity 6x9's fit with the supplied spacers bit it's tight and they really only get low and mid range with the Alpine system. At some point I will be replacing the head unit and it should make an even larger improvement. Right now, for the money, the speaker replacement has made the system sound much better but it's still lacking in bass. When I can, I will be adding a powered sub to help with that.

Can you please let me know what Infinity 6X9's you sued specifically for the front doors? And which spacers were included?

Also if any one can chime in on any other 6x9 suggestions for the front door?

devildog30589

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does any one here know how to properly seal the hole in the subwoofer enclosure once you remove the factory sub to put in the pioneer one. I think sealant tape should work but does any one have any info on this ? maybe electrical tape or flex seal or sealant tape?

Also does anyone know how much poly fill I should use? Do I use the entire one pound bag? and where do I place it? Right under the magnet and all around the enclosure or just in the space around the sub?

If anyone has pics that would be helpful.

staRang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After reading through this thread I also swapped out the dash speakers, rear doors and changed the sub. I put JBL CLUB3020 in the three dash locations, and JBL CLUB9630’s in the rear doors. The install was very easy and made a world of difference...

Hi. Did you need any harnesses, or other adapters, for these?

Metra 72-6514 for the 9630's?

Thank you in advance.

devildog30589

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi. Did you need any harnesses, or other adapters, for these?

Metra 72-6514 for the 9630's?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, If you order from crutchfield it includes any wiring harness for ease of installation.

staRang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, If you order from crutchfield it includes any wiring harness for ease of installation.

Sorry, one more question.

For the dash speakers, CLUB3020's, do those need harnesses too?

Door speakers for front (CLUB5020) and rear (CLUB9630) need Metra 72-6514.

For the sub, TS-SW2002D2, anyone know if that also requires the 72-6514 harness?

Thanks in advance.

devildog30589

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, one more question.

For the dash speakers, CLUB3020's, do those need harnesses too?

Door speakers for front (CLUB5020) and rear (CLUB9630) need Metra 72-6514.

For the sub, TS-SW2002D2, anyone know if that also requires the 72-6514 harness?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the club 3020 need harness as well,

and yes the pioneer sub needs the 72-6514 for plug and play.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone thought about swapping the headliner speakers?

I immediately disabled them. Not sure who the hell thought putting truck speakers above and behind the listener was a good idea, but they should be fired. It's a great idea if you are watching a surround sound movie in a theater but idiotic in a system that is primarily for listening.

Last edited:

satcomtim

Reaction score
Ram Year
Just finished up doing dash, rear doors and sub. Big improvement.

I have an extra ref-3022cfx and connector if anyone is looking for a 3rd dash speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so on the Alpine system club cab.. what size goes in the fronts and rear doors?
Ive seen 6x9 in front and 5 1/4 in rear and vice versa..

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The front doors are 6x9 (easily converted to 6.5" round). The dash speakers are 3" but you can fit 4" mids in there with a little alterations.

I think you're correct about the rears but you can verify it on Crutchfield.