And... I got a coilover problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Update: So after getting pawned off by Shock Surplus to the manufacturer (Fox). (Order from Shock Surplus at your own risk) I finally got someone to at least acknowledge my existence and Fox ended up sending me the bushings and washers for the coilovers (both sides even though I only needed the one). Not ideal, cause now I have to rebuild the coilover.

Whoever put the coilover together originally just forgot to put the bottom bushing and washer on before the cap and the top bushing. The piston had nothing to stop it until it hit the upper washer which was full extension anyway. So I put it back together with the new hardware and it's great now. I took it on some rough paved roads at 40mph and no clicking, or bouncing.

rebuildcoilover1.jpg rebuildcoilover2.jpg rebuildcoilover3.jpg rebuildcoilover4.jpg

OP
OP
K
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
For those people who don't want to lift your truck but want a better ride. Get the rear Fox shocks, I think they make a huge difference, especially if you have something in your bed or are towing. Also, when you're riding on the highway and you get those waves in the road at high speeds the rear shocks make those much smoother.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those people who don't want to lift your truck but want a better ride. Get the rear Fox shocks, I think they make a huge difference, especially if you have something in your bed or are towing. Also, when you're riding on the highway and you get those waves in the road at high speeds the rear shocks make those much smoother.
My bilstein 5100 helped a lot too. I am glad you got this taken care of!!! Glad fox acknowledged your issue and helped.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update: So after getting pawned off by Shock Surplus to the manufacturer (Fox). (Order from Shock Surplus at your own risk) I finally got someone to at least acknowledge my existence and Fox ended up sending me the bushings and washers for the coilovers (both sides even though I only needed the one). Not ideal, cause now I have to rebuild the coilover.

Whoever put the coilover together originally just forgot to put the bottom bushing and washer on before the cap and the top bushing. The piston had nothing to stop it until it hit the upper washer which was full extension anyway. So I put it back together with the new hardware and it's great now. I took it on some rough paved roads at 40mph and no clicking, or bouncing.

View attachment 203301 View attachment 203302 View attachment 203303 View attachment 203304

Tell us about that coil spring compressor?

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are just coil overs right? Bilstein 5100 are actually gonna lift the truck