Angling the back seat, QC?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2018 QC Express. Kids, which are 17 (5'3") and 14 (5'6", lol "Big" sis hates it). They are fine with the room behind the seats, but they are complaining that the seat back is to straight up. Has anyone figures out a way to angle it a little bit?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I haven't. Might try some of those car pillows.

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We were going to buy some, but the kids said no. Lol.

They said, we just want the back to be angled more.

Daughters. Ugh.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd imagine (and might try this myself) that a solid piece of steel drilled to fit the bolts... Just offset it a little and it may work... The headrests may cause problems.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MoparFin

MoparFin

U. S. Navy Vet - AS1
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Try it, then let me know. Lol

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In order to angle the backs more, the seat bases would need to be moved forward.
Because of how the quad and crew cab seats are attached to the cab wall, moving the base forward would be very difficult.

You could, in theory, detach the seat back from the cab wall, and then move the seat base forward. However, the seat frames used in the quad and crew cab trucks, do not have any type of lock mechanism between the seat back and base. Meaning, once detached from the wall, there would be nothing keeping the seat back upright, it would fall forward every time you hit the brakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Option:1 What about finding a mega cab rear seat that has the ability of reclining. The tricky part is going to be having the clearance to drill new holes far enough forward to gain clearance.
Option: 2 remove the seat bolts and put washers under the front to get a small tilt backwards, may give them just enough of a lean to feel comfortable