Another stupid wheel and tire question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07rambot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello again it's your friendly neighborhood artard with another stupid question. This time my lack of knowledge takes me into the land of wheels and tires. So I have read the sticky posts about offset and backspace and kinda look like this :confused:. So I am gonna ask a wheel and tire question and feel free to flame me out if necessary if the question is too stupid.

I have an '07 with stock 17" wheels and tires. I don't know what the offset or backspace is. I found a set of ProComp 8101 wheels for a pretty good price. The backspacing on that wheel is 4.75" and the offset is -6.6mm. The wheel itself is a 17x9. Will the wheel stick out away from the fender at all? I don't mind if it does or doesn't, just curious. If I increased my tire size from a 31 to a 33 would I be able to fit them with no rubbing issues? My apologies for the lack of knowledge but that's why I am here, to learn from my peers.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Ok first the big answer: Only a question that is unasked is a stupid one.
As far as the rims go they should fit. I also am not as into rims and tires as some of the others here but these are what I have on my 07:
Buy American Racing Wheels, Custom Rims Online - 182

I have the 20x8.5's which are very easy to keep clean due to them being Teflon coated.