Any Tesla radio installs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I was actually wondering how many RCA's there are. Front, rear, and sub are a requirement for me. Unless the PAC Audio converter will still work. I suppose I need to contact the manufacturer on this one. I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy this if it will work the way I need it to

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was actually wondering how many RCA's there are. Front, rear, and sub are a requirement for me. Unless the PAC Audio converter will still work. I suppose I need to contact the manufacturer on this one. I'm ready to pull the trigger and buy this if it will work the way I need it to
Your PAC Audio RCA converters will still work just fine. I understand you'd rather have built in RCAs built in. I don't have my hands on the unit yet, no word on shipping but if nobody speaks up till then, I'll make sure to report back. From what I've seen in videos, there is definitely a sub output.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Your PAC Audio RCA converters will still work just fine. I understand you'd rather have built in RCAs built in. I don't have my hands on the unit yet, no word on shipping but if nobody speaks up till then, I'll make sure to report back. From what I've seen in videos, there is definitely a sub output.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

*waits semi-patiently for 61N150W's new awesome stereo to come in

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Great video, but they didn't talk about the RCA's and I couldn't tell how many there were

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Great video, but they didn't talk about the RCA's and I couldn't tell how many there were
My bad, I could have sworn I watched a video that discussed rcas. Here are the specs for the 10.4 radio. The Chinese refers to outputs as "routes" in the following:

10.4" Tesla style Navigation Vertical Screen Android Radio for Dodge Ram 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018

Product Features

MirrorLink:double ways control for android for IPOD(IOS)one way control (Standard)

Vehicle traveling data recorder:Defualt (need to add the USB camera)

WIFI:Built-in

3G Internet:plug-in

WIFI hotspot to get to the Internet:Default (through the mobile WIFI hotspot to get to the Internet)

Built-in Digital TV:Optional

APP update online:Default

Mobile electronic dog:Default (the third-party software)

OBD vehicle fault detection:Default (need to add OBD tester)

Handwriting input:Default (the third-party software)

Multi-touch:Default (support the web, picture, map zoom gesture)

Game function:Default (the Android APP Game of unlimited downloads)

USB/SD:Default (audio/video)

Bluetooth2.0:Default (support HFP,HSP,FTP,OBE,OPP,SPP,A2DP)

Bluetooth phone:Default

Bluetooth phone book:Default

Bluetooth music:Default

Music player:Default

1080P HD Video playback:Default

Download Network player:Default

Radio:Default (European/Russia/Japan/America/digital radio and multiple choices)

RDS:Default

Network Digital radio system:Support

EQ to adjust:Default

Specifications

10.4" Tesla style Navigation Vertical Screen Android Radio for for Dodge Ram 2013 - 2018 Navigation:Default(support multiple maps: google/Igo/NaviOne etc)

Multiple lauguage:Default

Dodge Ram 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 APP Game of unlimited downloads:Default

Main interface plug-in 10.4" Tesla style Navigation Vertical Screen Android Radio for for Dodge Ram 2013 - 2018 APP sofeware:Default

Dynamic background:Default

Dynamic operation interface:Default

Positioning system:Support

Compass function:Support(the third-party APP)

Cold start reversing:Default

Rear view reversing:Default

Business function:Defaut Word,PDF,Excel,PPT,TXT etc

External keyboards:Support

External mouse:Support

surrounding:

Voltage:10.8-15.7V

Current:< 5mA

Operating temperature:-30°—80°

Hardware parameters:

Platform:Rockchip Cortex-A9 ARM

CPU:pX3 quad core

Dominant frequency:1.6 Ghz

RAM:DDR3 2GB

Internal storage space:32G(can support 64G)

Pixels:1024*768

Touch screen:Capacitor

Multi-touch:five-point

MCU:LAP 15L2K61S2

Dodge Ram 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 Navigation chip:1613

Radio chip:TDA7786 4*60

Bluetooth chip:CSRBC6130

Amplifier function chip:TDA7851

TV mode:CMMB/ISDB/DVB-T/ATSC

Input output Port:

USB HUB:Support

USB OTG:Support

USB 2.0:Support

TF/SD card:The biggest support 32G

Video input:1 Route

AV output:2 Route

Audio input:2 Route

Audio output:4 Route

Reverse video input:1 Route

Subwoofer output:1 Route

audio & video parameters:

Audio formats:FLAC,APE,MP3,WAV,WMA,OGG,MID,AAC,RM,LFAC ,support all format

1080P HD Video formats:MPEG-1/2/4.H264.H263.VC1.RV.RMVB.DivX.Sorenson SparK.Spark.VP8.AVS Stream

Support the picture types:BMP,JPG,PNG,GIF,ICO,TIF,TGGA,PCX ,JPEG etc

Support for text types:TXT,DOC,XLS

Maximum output power:4*60W

Equilibrium power:4*25W

S/N:>60dB

Degree of distortion:<0.2 %* 25W

FM/AM Performace parameters:

FM frequency:87.5 - 108.0Mhz/Japan76.0-108 .0 MHZ/Russian65.0-108MHZ

Stop sensitivity:22dB

Practical sensitivity:5dB

AM frequency:522Khz - 1620Khz /530khz-1710khz

Stop station sensitivity:30dB

Practical sensitivity:34dB

RDS:Support

The number of storage stations:30

Note:

This 10.4"Tesla style Navigation Vertical Screen Android Radio for Dodge Ram 2013 -2018 without DVD function,and can't put CD.

DSP (Digital Signal Process) function is optional, please pay the extra price if you need to install this function.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

MeatCurtains

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't understand how this can be a good idea. People already don't pay attention while driving. Having a 20" hdtv for a radio seems counter productive to safety

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I frequently use my uconnect app to send new gps locations to my truck. Will that still work? Can you use the factory GPS, I travel a decent amount and the factory GPS has been spot on with traffic and rerouting more so than google maps, and Apple maps. Especially considering I frequent my vacation house in rural Pennsylvania where there are long stretches without cellular service.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I frequently use my uconnect app to send new gps locations to my truck. Will that still work? Can you use the factory GPS, I travel a decent amount and the factory GPS has been spot on with traffic and rerouting more so than google maps, and Apple maps. Especially considering I frequent my vacation house in rural Pennsylvania where there are long stretches without cellular service.
No to all.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Waiting on a shipment update. The only notes I've seen about output is 50w per channel and sub out. So I'd say your best bet if you are looking to upgrade your sound system by adding this do it just as you would with the factory headunit.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Waiting on a shipment update. The only notes I've seen about output is 50w per channel and sub out. So I'd say your best bet if you are looking to upgrade your sound system by adding this do it just as you would with the factory headunit.

I saw on a video question, that it only has front and rear RCA output and to use the crossover on the amp for a sub. I emailed them (the radio company) and asked at the sourse what the RCA outputs are and haven't received an answer yet. I saw another video by LInkswell and asked them there about RCA output, but no answer there yet either. It really isn't that complicated a question. I would have already bought the radio if that question had been answered

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how is volume adjusting? looks very uncomfortable, i do not have steering wheel controls so screen would be my only option. Is it easy as i could do it without taking my eyes off the road??

butterscotch71

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Limited Longhorn
Engine
I don't see how it would be limiting or how your phone being lost screws you?

If the unit completely uses your phone as it's operating system and you don't have your phone with you, how would it work?

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6

Manofmayhem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED 3.0
I was going to get the infotainment retrofit kit also until I saw the Tesla style available. I think at this point I'm going to wait to see what else comes out in the next year. The Tesla radio is nice because it isn't restricted (can enter addresses or text when moving) but it doesn't have XM and there aren't enough reviews for me to trust the quality and integration. Excited to see what comes to market this year!