Anyone ever used there winch? Post pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ha! But I WANT to use it! need to look around the yard and see if there is anything I can pull out of the ground or something! Wife will probably kill me...but hey! I can say it looked like it was "dead" or something!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
All depends on where you live as to how much you end up using it. Got some snow on the ground and there's more on the way on December 24, 25, 26, and 27, and ? See plenty of winching opportunities ahead!

Took the photo below of my home's access gate road this morning. Determined that I needed to make a call to my snowplower guy for it to be safe for the larger truck deliveries. Kept sliding when attempting to walk down it.

No issues with the Power Wagon climbing it. Still if it had issues there are some trees to attach the winch line to. Front and rear lockers should really help. Not so equipped with my Chevrolet 1998 K1500. In compound low 4x4 on a new set of 265 75R16 BFG KO tires, I have had it slide all the way down backwards. Put on a set of tire chains and it went right up. Always carry a set for the Power Wagon in winter too.
KIMG0523.jpg

Last edited:

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Ha! But I WANT to use it! need to look around the yard and see if there is anything I can pull out of the ground or something! Wife will probably kill me...but hey! I can say it looked like it was "dead" or something!

Just in case you’re new to winching, I see PW owners doing these no-no’s pretty regularly.....

Don’t wrap the winch line around an object and hook it back to itself. That will damage the line, and damage whatever you’re wrapping it around (ok for totaled cars or dead bushes, not ok for live trees).

Don’t run out of room or think things are moving too slowly and back the truck up to speed things along. Winching is supposed to be slow and the line is stronger than the winch motor (for safety). The line is NOT stronger than the winch brake. Backing the vehicle up can snap the winch line or rip the winch out of the winch cradle. This move can also set up conditions for damaging diff gears.

Be safe. If you’re not sure what you’re doing, stop. Read, watch, learn. If you’re still not sure, seek out training. Winching can be dangerous if not done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Well, living in South Carolina for the past decade I never even need 4 wheel drive....but I usually get to go hunting way out in the mountains and have had issues before. Bought the PW so I would at least have the tool to get me in and out of trouble if necessary! And of course do more hunting in more remote places! Maybe I need to move to a little higher elevation! :)

PastorJack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I let a buddy take it to go put some cameras out in the pre-season, while I did some work around the camp. He said "it got stuck, but I figured out how to use the winch." I said, "if the winch got you out and you didn't have to call anybody to help, then I'd say you didn't get stuck!"

IMG_5036.JPG

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
This was a good day - the Wagon recovered three Jeeps from one road. Jeep owners must think they can drive through anything.[emoji1787]

Only two Jeeps in the Photo, my wifes was the third one in first one out. This picture was taken about three hours after I tried to drive through and didn't make it. I then spent the next two and half hours digging the wagon out. If only there was a wagon around to winch me out! (I woulda let Jeep cable up and winch me out but they were all stuck)

My excuse? How was I supposed to make it through when the area was all littered with Jeep? LOL

Red Jeep had Cables / chains on his rig too. He'd been stuck for over a day.

Good times, It's what we call powder / packed powder here in the Rockies.
e120a70b1a2977467dcbd8573d0bae3e.jpg

2016 RAM 2500 pw | 392ci w 6spd | CAI w ARH long tubes & Solo | Diablo T2 w HF tune | 5.13 AAM w 35" Mickey MTs | Custom Graphics w illegal tint | Dodge Off-Road

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Finally used mine today for the first time. Used it to guide the trees I was cutting down and to pull out a stump. c83f31a2a6eb20ee12e313dcfec33ba2.jpg

3TV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just bought a new 2018 Power Wagon on Friday. I made it all the way to day two of owning my new Power Wagon before I needed to use the winch.

47511772121_58c098bdc2_b.jpg

46787920624_ec00404990_b.jpg

It was the Rambox storage cabinets that made the day though. I had been loading my recovery gear into the truck the day before this picture was taken, and was trying to decide how many tow straps to put in the truck. I've had several off road vehicles over the years, and have at times owned up to three at the same time. They all needed their own recovery gear, because it needs to stay in the vehicle, and not need to be transferred from one vehicle to the next if you take a different vehicle on any given weekend. Well, now I only own the Power Wagon, but had lots of sets of recovery gear that I've accumulated over the years. As I was putting in tow straps I was going to put in one or two straps, like I usually do. But this time, because of the large Rambox storage capacity I figured that I might as will put in all of my tow straps. No sense in having a strap and leaving it home with all of this storage capacity. Little did I know that the very next day I would get the Power Wagon stuck in an area that was a long long way away from a good tree and a semi straight pull. The first two trees I hooked to were just pulled out of the ground by the winch. I ended up using every strap I own to reach a big enough tree to extract the Power Wagon. That was four 50' straps, two 30' straps, a tree saver strap, and 120' of winch cable. Glad I had all of my recovery gear, because I needed all of my recovery gear.

And it was such a harmless looking little rut.

Last edited:

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Cleaning trash out of the river

39c1d089cbb5e8f16070fa635d91d219.jpg

8d52b7a8e609d4a871e928bd1df89a3b.jpg

On 35” tires, I winch a lot. Don’t normally stop for pictures if I’m blocking a road or trail, or recovering somebody else who is.

Trash lol, looks like a Furd?

Silverback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Cleaning trash out of the river

39c1d089cbb5e8f16070fa635d91d219.jpg

8d52b7a8e609d4a871e928bd1df89a3b.jpg

On 35” tires, I winch a lot. Don’t normally stop for pictures if I’m blocking a road or trail, or recovering somebody else who is.

So did they just drive off the bank in the middle of the night? Or was that a trail in low water conditions? Or just "derp"!!

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
So did they just drive off the bank in the middle of the night? Or was that a trail in low water conditions? Or just "derp"!!

This is drivable in late fall when water levels are low enough, and in winter when the river is at its lowest and frozen over. That’s an F-350 with 6-8” of lift on 37s. The water was a little high.....