Ash tray light.. or map light...??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which is it? And possible to replace?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which is it? And possible to replace?

Not really sure what you're referring to... If your talking about the lights under the lenses, those are typically referred to as dome/map lights. They're easily swappable as long as you don't have interior LEDs. If you do have interior LED's, you'd have to remove and solder a new LED on. You can take a flathead and pop the lens off. I recommend doing a YouTube video search so you don't break anything. If you're referring to that tiny little light that shines down towards the center console, I believe that's LED, but not 100% sure and would require pulling that overhead until out and soldering on a new LED.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really sure what you're referring to... If your talking about the lights under the lenses, those are typically referred to as dome/map lights. They're easily swappable as long as you don't have interior LEDs. If you do have interior LED's, you'd have to remove and solder a new LED on. You can take a flathead and pop the lens off. I recommend doing a YouTube video search so you don't break anything. If you're referring to that tiny little light that shines down towards the center console, I believe that's LED, but not 100% sure and would require pulling that overhead until out and soldering on a new LED.
It's the light that sits right in front of the rear window control. It shines on cup holders.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's the light that sits right in front of the rear window control. It shines on cup holders.

I think that's LED regardless. Someone may know better. But I can't see anyway getting to it without pulling the overhead unit out regardless.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had it down yesterday. It is led. But I want to change it to red..

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had it down yesterday. It is led. But I want to change it to red..

Was the bulb an easy pop and swap or did it look like soldering would be required? I need to change that one to red as well.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^Perfect. Keep it stupid simple!

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was the bulb an easy pop and swap or did it look like soldering would be required? I need to change that one to red as well.
No it's wired to a source some where. Removing the trip was easy once I watched a video lol

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it's wired to a source some where. Removing the trip was easy once I watched a video lol

Thanks, chances are I will just use the gel paper. That light is not very bright anyway and is just about useless, but is the only one I have left that has not been swapped to red.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Thanks, chances are I will just use the gel paper. That light is not very bright anyway and is just about useless, but is the only one I have left that has not been swapped to red.
Got pics of your red-light district cab? :cool:

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any of you know where to find a 578R led? It's the dome light. I can't find anything other than WHITE in any stores around phoenix.

OP
OP
AngryRams

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The entire time I read this I was like why do you wanna go through all that just to change the light color. Seemed dumb. Then I saw the pics and was like

Looks good man
Yeah. I should have my dome light in from eBay this week. I also installed this today. I need to get the uram adapter so I can use my center console usb f2bf1ff761037d9a13b458c38962fd3e.jpg