Ate my first ECOBOOST!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

preachp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi All,
On the 13 if I turn TC off and turn tow/haul mode on it makes a big difference. Even if I turn TC off it still sticks it's little electronic nose where it doesn't belong. But for some reason when I do both then there is a definite change in attitude.

preachp

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The joy of being north of the 49th, eh. Where are you located?

Psh, does anyone actually live north of Alaska? Looking at Wiki and choosing the northern most location it says 0-5 people haha.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Psh, does anyone actually live north of Alaska? Looking at Wiki and choosing the northern most location it says 0-5 people haha.

At least you don't get shafted by a 40% increase in price just because of the exchange rate, plus another 5-13% for tax and duty with another potential 10-15% for brokerage. Our shipping ****** penetration is comparable though.

As for being further north, I worked a bunch in Norman Wells which is a little further north than Nome and Fairbanks and some more time in Bathurst Island and Repulse Bay.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
At least you don't get shafted by a 40% increase in price just because of the exchange rate, plus another 5-13% for tax and duty with another potential 10-15% for brokerage. Our shipping ****** penetration is comparable though.

As for being further north, I worked a bunch in Norman Wells which is a little further north than Nome and Fairbanks and some more time in Bathurst Island and Repulse Bay.

Not to be picky but isn't the exchange rate only 25%? You guys do get hammered with all those percentages added up though. Ridiculous.
Barrow is a decent sized place plus I know Deadhorse says a very low population but that's only because the thousands of people living there only live there half the time for work haha.

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Regarding the OP, one of my mechanics has 2014 ECOBoost with a tune, intake, and catless y-pipe. Is about to trade it in for a Cummins and wants to race before he does. I told him it would be hilariously unfortunate if he blew his ECOBoost up right before trading it in.

OP
OP
HemiPower36

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Regarding the OP, one of my mechanics has 2014 ECOBoost with a tune, intake, and catless y-pipe. Is about to trade it in for a Cummins and wants to race before he does. I told him it would be hilariously unfortunate if he blew his ECOBoost up right before trading it in.

Hahaha serious. I bet that sucker was fast with that tune.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
you do know street racing is illegal ,but who cares not me
BUT STREET RACING AN ECOBOOST IS IMMORAL YOU PROBABLY SENT YOUR BUDDY LOOKING FOR A SAFE SPACE OR A LEAST TO HIS CONSOLER FOR A THERAPY SESSION
which he can obtain free at his ram dealer

brianj

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of stuff is illegal. Government's knee jerk reactions don't dictate my life haha. Everyone please be safe though. Hope you guys are having a great memorial weekend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 72

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
A lot of stuff is illegal. Government's knee jerk reactions don't dictate my life haha. Everyone please be safe though. Hope you guys are having a great memorial weekend.

PLEASE BE AWARE MY "ILEAGAL" MENTION WAS AN ATTEMPT AT SARCASM
there need to be a sarcasm icon
brianj

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
turbo

Originally Posted by Drewster2012 View Post
Only thing I am confused about is u said you could hear his turbos spooling. Turbos are only in diesels...

These dont run on diesel either....

Attachments

• honda turbo.jpg
    honda turbo.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 197
  • seca turbo.jpg
    seca turbo.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 198
  • suzi turbo.jpg
    suzi turbo.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 196
  • gpz turbo.jpg
    gpz turbo.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 195

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK cool, someone else necro'd this thread so I don't have to be blamed. Seriously considering trading in for a F-150 now sooner than later, just seems to be more current tech than the ol' hemi v8

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK cool, someone else necro'd this thread so I don't have to be blamed. Seriously considering trading in for a F-150 now sooner than later, just seems to be more current tech than the ol' hemi v8

V6 eco-boost??

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
I had an ecoboost experience the other day..... I passed this girl I knew in New Braunfels, TX and her friend rolled down the window and flashed me.... I love ecoboost <3

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol fanboys, is this an iPhone forum?

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have fun with your turbo and DI issues.