Audio Upgrade & Modification Basics!

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by MADDOG, May 25, 2012.

1. kwend

kwend Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    If you have an aftermarket deck, you would want to run the camera to an accessory power source. You can get this right at the deck since you need to run the video from the camera there also. The camera would not need a reverse wire signal. Only the Pioneer deck.

2. frascona

frascona Banned

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    My aftermarket deck has an input for the backup camera that is a simple RCA plug. The deck automatically knows when you are in reverse... through the wiring harness, and switches to that input for the signal. Then when you go to drive, the input changes back to the DVD or radio.

3. Bkhsvt

Bkhsvt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Ideally you wouldn't want to run an amp at 1 ohm, that is just making the amp work harder. This will potentially send the amp into protect/overheat or shorten the life of the amplifier. You would want to purchase the amp that has the power you want in higher resistances such as 2 or 4 ohms....is going to sound better, run longer and give less problems ;)

jgruberman likes this.
  4. Etroze86

Etroze86 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I would agree if it is an amp not built to run down to 1ohm but if you have one that has been built it is just fine to run it that low. The biggest thing is to have upgraded electricals to handle the larger amprage draw.

5. Bkhsvt

Bkhsvt Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    This isn't a topic that is about numbers on a box, or upgrading your "electricals" there's a lot of things one can do, but doesn't mean it's best, you could run 87 octane on your 91 octane tune with your diablo intune. It would prob not run as good tho right? But hey, this Murcia people do a lot of weird stuff, I'll stick to ohms law and what I've been taught, keeps people from coming back to my shop with audio problems and dead amps or burned down trucks.

ShortCourse and Dubsport like this.
  6. Etroze86

Etroze86 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Ah speaking from a business point of view you are right but I for one have never seen dead amps, burnt up trucks or audio problems by keeping it within specs that come from the side of that box or installed properly(not saying you or your shop doesn't install properly just saying from a DIY point of view). Look at it this way if you are going to play big and wire that low you would absolutely have to upgrade electricals to support this and it will keep your amps alive just as long as if wired to 4 or 2 ohms as long as the amp is made for that low.
    Not an argument and not saying I know more but I do know with people doing things themsleves on a forum giving them proper information rather than don't do it is a bigger help. You said it, this is Murcia and people will do what they want. Most will shoot for the big numbers on the side of the amp box.

crazykid1994 likes this.
  7. kohj

kohj Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I have a base audio system with the RA2 and i cant seem to get the LOC to send signal, I tapped into the LOC wire and ran speaker wire the the high level inputs on the amp and it works so i know the LOC is connected to the right wires and those wire are sending signal to the LOC, Any ideas on this one. I know the sound wont be much different but i spent to much time running and hiding wires to start over. but i may have no choice.

8. ramdude916

ramdude916 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    That's a badass looking truck David. I need those black rims!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

9. ramdude916

ramdude916 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

10. DavidRam

DavidRam Senior Member

Ram Year:
    2012 RCSB
    Engine: