Auto Up on driver side window has to be reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So it seems like it happens more than it should, but the auto up on the driver side window stops automatically going up. I found the fix, but it seems like it does it more than it should. Is there a defect or recall? What causes the auto up to stop, but once it is reset it works for a little while?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I just mentioned on another thread that it is very easy to disable the auto up or down on these trucks ... I do it all the time by accident, what happens is that sometimes we just hit the button up or down in rapid succession and it resets it to normal mode, I usually just let it sit and by the next power cycle it comes back on ...if not you can always do the fix which you said you already know about it ..

Sucks but it's pretty "normal" for me at least , I do this on my truck at least 2 times a week, no recall, no defect at all ...

OP
OP
frankcastle865
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just mentioned on another thread that it is very easy to disable the auto up or down on these trucks ... I do it all the time by accident, what happens is that sometimes we just hit the button up or down in rapid succession and it resets it to normal mode, I usually just let it sit and by the next power cycle it comes back on ...if not you can always do the fix which you said you already know about it ..

Sucks but it's pretty "normal" for me at least , I do this on my truck at least 2 times a week, no recall, no defect at all ...
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it's just a "feature" that I'm going to have to deal with.

OP
OP
frankcastle865
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To pile on, in channel vent visors can also cause the auto up to stop working.
Good point. I don't have any vent visors on the truck, so I can take that out of the equation. However, I could definitely see that (in-channel visors) causing issues.

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had that happen a couple times. I'll hit the button for both front windows at the same time for auto up and the drivers side will stopped. I think it's because the switches are just sensitive or I didn't move the switch far enough to fully activate the auto feature. Also like someone mentioned, in channel vent visors can stop the window but so can anything else that may be in the window channel. I have no idea how but on my 11 ram I had some debris in a window channel I had to clean out that prevented the window from going up. May want to check for that too

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found the fix, but it seems like it does it more than it should.

I just mentioned on another thread... if not you can always do the fix which you said you already know about it.

Is this the secretive fix you're referring to? It must be secretive if it hasn't been mentioned yet. :)

Some of us need to know everything. :cool:

joesstripclub

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is something overly sensitive in the window switches on these trucks. It is almost impossible to push the button the right amount to move the window but not activate auto. I find myself with a jumpy window all the time when I try to move it manually.

OP
OP
frankcastle865
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this the secretive fix you're referring to? It must be secretive if it hasn't been mentioned yet. :)

Some of us need to know everything. :cool:

I've been sworn to secrecy, haha. Fine... You twisted my arm. I'd found this video on YouTube (not mine), that helped with my issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO4Ki5bkEAU

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 16 got really fl temperamental after 5 or 6 years , had to reset it monthly it seemed. No big deal , reset it at a stop light or whenever .