Automatic trans linkage sensor? Need a quick answer...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, so the I went to pick up my truck from the shop and it wouldn't start in park or neutral but would start in Reverse. The guy said that the sensor was bad and he would have to get a new one but wouldn't charge me for it. So before I go over there and call ******** on this guy I need to know if such a sensor exists. I'm guessing he just got the linkage screwed up and needs to straighten it out.

So what do you think?

Merc225hp

Reaction score
Ram Year
truck
Engine
gas
Yea it call a neutral safety switch and yes he might not have the linkage adjusted right

OP
OP
kdryan

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See, that's what I thought...

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
I agree. Prob realizes he messed up and is trying to cover his ass. "Oh yeah its a sensor. Just being it on back we'll fix that but won't charge ya for it."

I say don't confront him about it and take it back. Let him fix it, keep his pride, and send ya on your way. If it continues having problems, raise hell

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I agree. Prob realizes he messed up and is trying to cover his ass. "Oh yeah its a sensor. Just being it on back we'll fix that but won't charge ya for it."

I say don't confront him about it and take it back. Let him fix it, keep his pride, and send ya on your way. If it continues having problems, raise hell

:word:

OP
OP
kdryan

kdryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck is back and everything seems okay as far as the tranny goes. Now for the multitude of suspension and steering problems...

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Do a search on here. You've found the right place. If you can't find it, start a thread, someone here can probably find it or answer your question