Auxiliary lightening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trailbuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hoping someone can enlighten me. My 2023 limited night edition has the standard driving lights included. When ever I’m driving in a remote area up to my mountain cabin I can use some extra lighting to brighten up the road. I’m wondering if anyone had installed any auxiliary lites upfront either after market or factory and where they installed them. Someone had told me the 2 narrow cutouts in the grill can be retrofitted with auxiliary lites. Any suggestions would be helpful.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Funny you should ask, to/from town is a 20mile path out in the "country". Have seen Moose, Deer, Pronghorn, Coyote, Badger, Fox & the lil critters.

On my break at work, I installed the pods on the hood ditch light mounts. (havent installed the power harness)
Even though mine a 4th gen, the options are still the same out there.

The hood pods, I have 10° spot for "Ditch" lights. Under the grille is a 20" spot/flood combo (showed no interferrance to cooling even with a 12k tow)

I have/will be hooking them up to the aux power switches. Just found out that they can handle up to 40amps (with appropriate fuses). I thought they were low amp power for like relay control. Now I can do away with the relay for the lightbar when I wire up the pods.

Not a fan of rivetnuts in the A-pillar, so 20" Lightbar between tow hooks with the RC X5 20 and the Rigid Series D Spot Pods
1698890580322.png

Rigid D Series Pro Spots, Rough Country, RC X5 20" Lightbar thru dog nose art and dirty assed windshield. Left Pod needs to be turned out just a lil bit more

1698890628571.png

Last edited: