Back brakes bind when turning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tradered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hi all, new to forum. 2012 ram crew w/5.7 hemi.
Strange issue, all good in straight line...but with steering turned full left or right the REAR wheels bind and shake...as if brakes are holding or ? Even when no pedal is applied?
Any input appreciated.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Sounds like lsd to me too.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have a F150 with LSD that started shuttering and shaking when turning corners. I changed the gear oil and it went away. The ford requires synthetic gear oil and LSD additive per the factory I don't know about the Ram.

OP
OP
T

Tradered

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought the correct fluid from the dealership, didn't think to ask about a needed modifier and they didn't offer, had 85k miles on original diff fluid with no noises. Will have a conversation with dealer service and more than likely be adding the Chrysler friction modifier.

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a F150 with LSD that started shuttering and shaking when turning corners. I changed the gear oil and it went away. The ford requires synthetic gear oil and LSD additive per the factory I don't know about the Ram.

not sure on the 2012 but i know my 14 takes synthetic and it wasn't cheap