Bazooka Bass Tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

17Veteran76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I remember my step father had one of those 8 inch bazooka bass tubes in our 01 caravan. Hit pretty hard. Tons of Yanni and some Mexican band los something. We aren't even Mexican. But, it was punchy as hell.

I mostly listen to Country/Rock, so I don't need anything that hits hard, and I enjoy the current stock system.

However, has anyone tried an 8" or 10" bazooka tube?

I am thinking about getting the self contained 8" or 10" (tube, speaker, amp) and putting it in the middle of the floor in the back with the ability to remove it when need be. From the youtube videos, it appears to come with straps that you can use to strap it down and also remove it.

Has anyone tried this? I couldn't find any searches on the forum for it.

Appreciate the feed back.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
LOL, had two of them when I was a kid sporting a rusted out Datsun 260Z

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL you just made me re-live 18-20 years ago.. If it fits why not or use one of those kicker hide away units.

are they still available?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hahaha I remember those things. I had one of those self powered bazooka tubes in my first truck in high school. My parents wouldn't let me get a system for that truck so I bought it on the down low.

I think it sounded pretty good, but really weak compared to a real system. All it did was cause me to become addicted to stereos. My next setup was a monster compared to that little thing.

BadHabit2Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I actually have one in my garage that looks like a NOS bottle. I ran it in my RAM for awhile, but got tired of it sitting on the floor and people could not sit on that side in the backseat.

It does hit pretty hard and I would get alot of looks like "thats just an 8?"

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that brings back memories. Had 2 of them running off my factory headunit in a 2000 Focus hatchback. It was enough to shake the awning of my house. Wasn't super fast, but man it boomed like nobody's business.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man that brings back memories. Had 2 of them running off my factory headunit in a 2000 Focus hatchback. It was enough to shake the awning of my house. Wasn't super fast, but man it boomed like nobody's business.

You're so right....does bring back memories. I loved that Bazooka tube I had in my twenties......a long time ago.