BDS 6" Suspension Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Monster_Ram1500
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the pics and information! How would you describe the ride with the Fox shocks vs stock or Bilsteins if you ever ran them with preload? Specifically, are they better than stock or Bilsteins at absorbing slower in town stuff like pot holes and speed bumps etc? I assume they would be far superior when going off road at higher speeds but I’m curious to hear how they are when daily driving on bad roads too. I’ll want them to handle both scenarios better than my current Bilstein 2.8 level.

I drive 23 miles each way to and from work. My job as pot holes and speed bumps everywhere, also since I live in New York the roads are crap everywhere lol. The struts handle everything well, it also helps that I have steering stabilizers. If I had to compare them to the stock struts they are much better. I felt all the bumps and potholes with the stock struts and the truck felt like it wanted to move left or right when I did hit them, but with these struts they absorb it much better. When I go over speed bumps I don't feel like I am rocking on a boat. I never ran the bilstein. I have also herd good things about king shocks, but that's if you got money to spare. I would recommend these shocks. Another think I like about them (driving in NY) is that when you need to dodge in and out of traffic due to people driving like idiots, the truck feels stable, like the struts take the lean of the truck right or left like a boss. When I go home, I drive on a parkway for cars only and it has a lot of turns left and right, I take those going about 50/55 and I don't feel like I am going to flip. So to sum it up the shocks handle like a pro, feels like its stiff for the NY driving, but just soft enough for potholes and speed bumps if that makes sense.