bed liners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boxinggsxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 4dr 4x4
Engine
4-7
Okay so i have no idea what to get a regular plastic bed liner or a spray on..from what i've read the plastic ones suck when its wet out cuz everything slides and the spray on ones have more grip....
for a spray on at a local tint shop with military discount it'd be $287 (with $50 extra for spraying where the bed rails go) i havent found a plastic bedliner quote yet but what did you guys go with?

i also have a tanneao cover but idk might take it on trips not sure yet

4x4Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
287 is a very good price actually. I dont have any liner in my truck, im waiting till its so scratched to all hell that it bugs me and needs a bed liner haha

but for that price, definitely spray on

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
spray on has always performed better for me on my trucks over the years.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Getcha some of that Bed Armour with Kevlar in it and roll it on, it's easy :)

ZakkBaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wow that is good a price. Just make sure the product is quality, if theyre just using some roll-on crap, hell you can do that yourself. I just emailed Line-X today and theyre quoting me around 500-600.

OP
OP
B

boxinggsxr

Reaction score
Ram Year
02 4dr 4x4
Engine
4-7
i'll call again in the mourning and find out what product he's usuing anything else i should ask?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'd check and see what kind of warranty it comes with. That is a great price for a spray-on like everyone else is saying. tomorrow i'm paying $475 for a Line-X spray on. comes with a lifetime warranty and I've heard awesome things about it.

cocodemillz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless that military discount gets you 50% off, you should be calling to inquire about the quality of the product you are getting. Rhino liners can be installed with hot air or cold air, high pressure or low pressure. The technology used depends on how much money the installer has invested in their machinery. Line-x is always installed hot and high pressure! I live in Maine and I did all the research before getting my liner.
I've seen too many plastic liners rust out from underneath to be interested in them. They can look pristine from the outside but stagnant water underneath the plastic will just sit there until you have a huge mess.
Basically, you want the liner to be installed with HOT high pressure. Line-X has very good quality control while Rhino is a little more lax on how their installers get the job done. Do not fall for some advertisement saying "done in 15 minutes!" or anything like that. You want the entire process to take around a couple hours.
I brought my truck to the Line-X dealer in Augusta, Maine last week and could not be more impressed with the installation. The process took 2.5 hours start to finish and the installation area was pristine (always ask to see how clean the work area is. You don't want debris from the shop getting under the liner). The liner is completely uniform throughout the bed and is very grippy. With the excellent warranty that comes with it, I do not anticipate any issues with this liner for a long, long time!
P.S... My total was $512.35

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just an FYI:

Dealer cost (around here) to have a LineX done is about $400. There are plenty of places which will use cheaper quality materials and still put out a good finished product. You really need to go on reputation or trust in your installer. The materials can be manipulated in many ways as stated above.

I looked at doing one on my Dakota a while back. I could buy the materials myself for pretty cheap. The thing that drives the price up is the prep work. A properly prepped bed can take a few hours (depending on the size) to be ready to spray.

My Ram I have now has a LineX in it. I am very impressed with it! It has just the right amount of texture/grip but will still take a beating.

ETA: "over the rails" is a great option to spend the money on. It will protect the top of the rails which get scratched and scraped a lot over the years...

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Spray-in

Gotta a price of $475 from Line-X and will be making an apt very soon!

Plastic slip-in liners are worthless in the long-run:emotions133:

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

I would tend to agree most of the time with your assessment of slip in liners, but my RAM came with the OEM (RAM) bedliner from the dealer and since I use a tonneau cover I have no complaints about slipping. :signs6:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just got my Line-X installed today. $500 even after taxes and labor and everything. It's awesome!! Comes with a lifetime warranty and everything. I have before and after pics on my build thread.

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Ive got a Line-X liner too and I love it....You wont be disappointed!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

Unless you get them already installed on the lot by the dealer. :hahano: