Best $150 I've spent on either of my Rams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
I've had my 2012 for four years now and bought my 2013 in June. The 2013 came with the factory projector headlights and I was less than impressed with them after riding around in my buddies 2014 F150 with projectors. I decided to try an upgrade and contacted Jeremy with Retroshop and bought the 35w HID upgrade kit for $150. I finally had time to install them on Friday morning.

I've had an opportunity to use these the last couple of nights traveling to and from our farm for the whitetail opener and this was hands down the best $150 I've spent on my truck. I feel like the difference is literally night and day. The dingy yellow look of the factory projectors is gone. These are nice and white and if I didn't know better I'd swear they were LEDs based on the color. I was thinking about them on the way home this evening and decided to snap a pic for those who still have the factory projectors to compare.

meJBWZRh.png

That pic is the standard beam, the brights are pretty amazing but the limited ability of my iPhone camera isn't show much of a difference. I don't know if the factory projectors have been improved since 2013 but if they haven't I cannot imagine anyone not being satisfied with the output of this kit. Just figured I'd share.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the post. I've been considering getting those also, but I have the Tyc replica Projectors. Not sure how they work in the TYC's. Hopefully someone will reply back.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

OP
OP
Phylodog

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Send Jeremy at Retroshop an email, I'm betting he knows and he's been quick to reply to my emails.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Thanks for the post. I've been considering getting those also, but I have the Tyc replica Projectors. Not sure how they work in the TYC's. Hopefully someone will reply back.

M² Mods - From my non Flammable S7!

They work with the tyc’s also. The lens is a little better in the tyc’s and you already know there is a defined cutoff

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i want some of the TYCs for my truck instead of the OEMs just because of the sharper cutoff