Best Air Freshener?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OK so maybe not a popular topic but I am looking for some input on what you may feel is the best air freshener. For use in a clean car with no mold, no smoking, no mice etc.. no issues. I came across this and have read mixed reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guy...002J7VX4Y/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I read a few posts of people recommending the McGuires bombs but do they last? I was looking for something to spray every once in a while and definitely after a wash. I seen alot of good reviews on the yankee candle fresheners but I dont want the old style hanging cardboard products and dont want to just throw them under the seat. SO anyone please chime in with what you swear bye, use all the time and what works wonders in terms of air fresheners!!

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've used the chemical guys leather smell spay as well as there strawberry margarita spray (got that one in a mystery bucket) and both smell really good. You can't expect a spray to last for a long time though I mean, it's a mist that freshen the air not something that is continuous. Both last about a week, less if your driving with Windows down and what not.
Now one that I've HEARD smells amazing but have not personally tried yet is there stripper scent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use febreeze vent clip on. Lasts about 2 weeks

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread just made me do it lol just ordered the chem guys stripper scent and black forest fresheners [emoji23]

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm personally not fond of the scents, they are usually overwhelming and they are toxic to your health. After years of excessive use the scents seem to go stale and you are then buying the same scent to cover the stale scent they created. But, you eventually have to do something at some point.

I used a Meguiars bomb-new car scent a couple months ago. It was tolerable and was fairly close to the clean air smell I get with the ionizers in the house. Overall it was the best choice for me and it is still working today, not as strong, but when I put the vents on full blast the scent gets stronger. I'll be trying the ionizer treatments here soon and hope that will be my new alternative.

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This thread just made me do it lol just ordered the chem guys stripper scent and black forest fresheners [emoji23]

Awesome!! LOL!! let me know how the stripper scent is, I seen that too and saw that someone always bought that one and now they buy the new car scent!

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome!! LOL!! let me know how the stripper scent is, I seen that too and saw that someone always bought that one and now they buy the new car scent!
Will do I'll report back when I get it [emoji106]

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Read one review on this scent and the dude said it smelled so good he started throwing doller bills at his dashboard!!! You gotta read the amazon questiosn and reviews!!:rofl:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read one review on this scent and the dude said it smelled so good he started throwing doller bills at his dashboard!!! You gotta read the amazon questiosn and reviews!!:rofl:
Lol! Ok now I'm curious I'll have to read em

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LOL!! Just ordered the 3 pack of small bottles, new car, leather and stripper!! Could not pass up trying them out!

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL!! Just ordered the 3 pack of small bottles, new car, leather and stripper!! Could not pass up trying them out!
I Really like the leather one. Youll have to report back on the new car i havent tried that one yet

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
I'm personally not fond of the scents, they are usually overwhelming and they are toxic to your health. After years of excessive use the scents seem to go stale and you are then buying the same scent to cover the stale scent they created. But, you eventually have to do something at some point.

I used a Meguiars bomb-new car scent a couple months ago. It was tolerable and was fairly close to the clean air smell I get with the ionizers in the house. Overall it was the best choice for me and it is still working today, not as strong, but when I put the vents on full blast the scent gets stronger. I'll be trying the ionizer treatments here soon and hope that will be my new alternative.

I don't like the perfumey scents most air fresheners have either. I'll just stick a box of Arm & Hammer Fridge-N-Freezer baking soda in the back seat door cup holder and change it out every month or so. Works good!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't like the perfumey scents most air fresheners have either. I'll just stick a box of Arm & Hammer Fridge-N-Freezer baking soda in the back seat door cup holder and change it out every month or so. Works good!

Yep, did that in my last truck, it does work!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Arm & Hammer Fridge-N-Freezer baking soda or dryer sheets for me. Nothing fancy but works for me.
Jay

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have the chemical guys stripper scent, leather, and new car. they all smell pretty good. i like stripper scent in my mustang. my only gripe is the scent doesnt last too long

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A spray a day keeps the strippers ready to play rrrrr scent, stripper scent I mean [emoji16] chemical guys fresheners are pretty dirt cheap especially if you buy jugs so at the cost I don't see why anybody would have any problem shooting a spray or two when starting to fade away. I mean you can get a gallon for like 34 bucks lol even if you sprayed everyday your solid for like a year for 34 bucks

NOT directing this towards you Nick your my dude! Haha just throwing it out there

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A spray a day keeps the strippers ready to play rrrrr scent, stripper scent I mean [emoji16] chemical guys fresheners are pretty dirt cheap especially if you buy jugs so at the cost I don't see why anybody would have any problem shooting a spray or two when starting to fade away. I mean you can get a gallon for like 34 bucks lol even if you sprayed everyday your solid for like a year for 34 bucks

NOT directing this towards you Nick your my dude! Haha just throwing it out there

I hear you bro. i usually do spray it a couple times a week especially during car show season. Its just I am always crazy busy and its just another step in my daily hustle.

In the truck its not a big deal because with the amount of leather condition i use in there it smells almost identical to the leather sent. so i can spray that once a week and let the conditioner smell the truck up too lol