Best Air Freshener?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I got my chemical guys three pack yesterday, leather scent, stripper scent and new car smell. opened each cap to check them out and I do like all three scents. I tried the stripper scent last night in the truck. Did two sprays on each side of the cab. Got in this morning and really didnt smell it!? Alot of people were saying its too strong and to dilute it!?! I didnt find that to be the case. Gonna test them out some more.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I got my chemical guys three pack yesterday, leather scent, stripper scent and new car smell. opened each cap to check them out and I do like all three scents. I tried the stripper scent last night in the truck. Did two sprays on each side of the cab. Got in this morning and really didnt smell it!? Alot of people were saying its too strong and to dilute it!?! I didnt find that to be the case. Gonna test them out some more.
Usually there scent instructions say to spray onto things but in inconspicuous areas such as underneath the seats, and also misting onto your fabrics. I sprayed my strawberry margarita on Friday and this morning still smells exactly like strawberry margarita. But I spray under each seat, mist onto seats as well as dash and a few shots in the air, it's cheap so I spray quite a bit [emoji23] how you like the actual smell of them though I'm curious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD

I have used all 3 scents for a couple years now. I started getting a paper towel or old clean T-Shirt a making a small 4x4 square 3 layers & giving it 8-10 squirts & placing it under the front seat.
I resorted to this idea for the simple reason I didn’t want the spray staining my seats over time.

I also use The Black Ice (Trees) one in front on the blinker lever & one in the back hanging from the cloths clip up high.

I have always gotten compliments. I do prefer the new car smell & leather spray.

Once a week I will soak the paper towel again.

I have always hated getting in someone’s auto and it either smells like rotten socks/ashtray/2 month old fart! I would rather walk!

Nothing like a clean / good smelling interior! (Within a personal auto)

Last edited:

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have used all 3 scents for a couple years now. I started getting a paper towel or old clean T-Shirt a making a small 4x4 square 3 layers & giving it 8-10 squirts & placing it under the front seat.
I also use The Black Ice (Trees) one in front on the blinker lever & one in the back hanging from the cloths clip up high.

I have always gotten compliments. I do prefer the new car smell & leather spray.

Once a week I will soak the paper towel again.

I have always hated getting in someone’s auto and it either smells like rotten socks/ashtray/2 month old fart! I would rather walk!

Nothing like a clean / good smelling interior!
Man this is a great idea, I spray enough I pretty much always have the smell but this could possibly save me some. Thanks! Gunna try this

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good idea SYN, just soak the chemical guys scent on a small rag or paper towel! I might try that!

Yeah Ramportin I like all 3 fragrances, I might like new car the best, but still need more time. I was a little hesitant spraying everything since I read the reviews. But I will give a few more shots.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Man this is a great idea, I spray enough I pretty much always have the smell but this could possibly save me some. Thanks! Gunna try this

I was perfectly happy with 8 to 10 squirts on the paper towel. You might want to start with five squirts and work your way up.

I personally thought the new car smell was stronger than the leather so it might take more squirts for the leather if that’s the fragrance you like.

I have also found that the blue shop towels seem to do a little bit better job holding the fragrance in.

If the fragrance is still not enough maybe put one square under the driver seat and one square under the passenger seat. Sometimes you just have to get really creative with how much you apply and where you put it.

My all-time favorite though is the black ice trees.
Chemical guys I think just come out with a fragrance in the squirt bottle that is called black frost but I’ve heard that it is not very strong at all. Maybe they get enough complaints they will make the fragrance stronger they say it smells just like the black ice trees.
I will stick with the trees.

Just to prove I’m not blowing a A$$ Load of smoke!
Here is my small collection so far this month. I am adding more each month.
I Love their Jet Seal & Metal Polish.

A9073C49-57CF-4E50-BF69-64F5C49F09D9.jpeg

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
God almighty there is some good material in this thread... jugs, strippers, dollar bills. I better just step away from the keyboard. :lol:

OP
OP
C

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was perfectly happy with 8 to 10 squirts on the paper towel. You might want to start with five squirts and work your way up.

I personally thought the new car smell was stronger than the leather so it might take more squirts for the leather if that’s the fragrance you like.

I have also found that the blue shop towels seem to do a little bit better job holding the fragrance in.

If the fragrance is still not enough maybe put one square under the driver seat and one square under the passenger seat. Sometimes you just have to get really creative with how much you apply and where you put it.

My all-time favorite though is the black ice trees.
Chemical guys I think just come out with a fragrance in the squirt bottle that is called black frost but I’ve heard that it is not very strong at all. Maybe they get enough complaints they will make the fragrance stronger they say it smells just like the black ice trees.
I will stick with the trees.

View attachment 123928

So I tested out the new car and leather scents, I decided to use both at the same time to really mimic a new car smell. The new car is very strong! I liked the combo better than the stripper scent. Dont get me wrong the stripper scent is good but i realized I prefer like a new car or just fresh air scent in the truck rather than a flavored or perfume type scent. I am gonna try the towel trick with those two scents! Anyone try the turtle wax oder X bombs, they advertise 30 days!?!

Reactions: SyN

Wiggleroom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yuuuup I agree with above, I also have stripper scent. I like the smell but doesn't last long at all, Ill give that towel spray a go and see how it works

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Refresh vent clip new car/cool breeze dual is my newest favorite-lasts a couple weeks with only using two and it smells amazing
But also-
Little trees Leather scent tree
Little tree black ice vent clip
Little trees black ice spray
Wonder wafers leather
California scents new car can
California scents scent bloc in ice

I have tried them all..These are all just a few I have used on multiple occasions and bought again. I didnt list the ones I was not fond of.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 123928

There jetseal is amazing, along with there whitelight or blacklight glaze. Highly recommend if you havent tried. Im a chem guys addict lol im over 400 bucks on chem guys products this month :happy175: But now im set for the year easy

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I tested out the new car and leather scents, I decided to use both at the same time to really mimic a new car smell. The new car is very strong! I liked the combo better than the stripper scent. Dont get me wrong the stripper scent is good but i realized I prefer like a new car or just fresh air scent in the truck rather than a flavored or perfume type scent. I am gonna try the towel trick with those two scents! Anyone try the turtle wax oder X bombs, they advertise 30 days!?!
Just wanted to report back i got my stripper and black forest yesterday and just gave a squirt of each in the office to smell them. WOW lol love both of them, the black forest is my new favorite smells nice a nice warm cologne. gunna do the towel trick mentioned above this weekend after do a interior detail

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I never mentioned the one interior freshener that I have used the longest & will continue to use them.

These really shine during the summer months (in the heat) since they are a gell type scent!
Once you activate the A/C the scent is circulated throughout the interior.

My only gripe is the only last few weeks but the trees seem like they are only a few days.

https://squashair.com/

I have one on the dash & one in the back on the floor in between the passenger side & drivers side! (Red) to match the exterior of the truck!

CS-X3: In Red w/squash scent!
No it has nothing to do with a actual squash smell!
The smell is very hard to describe. Fresh & Clean is the first to come to mind.

Yup I am a scent *****!

It is interesting how: Not one of these scents are really overpowering. At certain times you can get a faint smell of certain ones.
It has never been like: Holy $Hit that smell is strong. Kinda makes a fella wanting to never leave the comfort from inside the cab.

94C4B40B-DB31-4331-A213-853E1B151FCA.jpeg

I am so thankful that I don’t smoke!
I would never be able to enjoy that awesome New Truck Smell (As well as the combination of fragrances that I have added)!
Makes owning a New Truck well worth the payments again.

Last edited: