Best headers for 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrasherAsher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I went with the BBK shorty headers, personally I love them. The install was pretty easy I notice significant difference in pedal response and acceleration.

Oscurida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so I'm looking into getting headers also but need help on deciding a few things. I currently have VRI, 85mm TB, Borla cat-back S-Type, magnaflow Y pipe and a 180 thermostat . seams like I'm leaning towards the ARH long tubes 1 3/4". I do plan on upgrading the 85mm TB to the 87mm, efan with lower thermostat and getting a tuner with that. should I go with cat or no cats? if no cats, will I have an inspection issue or issues with the emissions? should I do the titanium wrap for these header? if so would wrapping them up void warranty? do I have to purchase one of those flexible oil dip stick? because I hear the stock one needs to bend for install clearance and they crack. would these headers have clearnace from everything else? like steering column and etc. any advice would help thanks!

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so I'm looking into getting headers also but need help on deciding a few things. I currently have VRI, 85mm TB, Borla cat-back S-Type, magnaflow Y pipe and a 180 thermostat . seams like I'm leaning towards the ARH long tubes 1 3/4". I do plan on upgrading the 85mm TB to the 87mm, efan with lower thermostat and getting a tuner with that. should I go with cat or no cats? if no cats, will I have an inspection issue or issues with the emissions? should I do the titanium wrap for these header? if so would wrapping them up void warranty? do I have to purchase one of those flexible oil dip stick? because I hear the stock one needs to bend for install clearance and they crack. would these headers have clearnace from everything else? like steering column and etc. any advice would help thanks!

Cats or no cats wont make much of a difference in power, especially NA. I see you are in NY, I advise to go with cats for inspection purposes. As for clearances ARH is the best fitting headers on the market. It will clear everything. The dipstick tube can either be bent or or replaced with a flex one, that is personal preference.

Let us know if you would like a quote on headers, just send me a message

TheDirtyJester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok so with long headers each side would run individually all the way back ?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Ok so with long headers each side would run individually all the way back ?

Only if you had an exhaust shop build you a set of true duals.Unless you're boosted or nitrous'd you're better off running a set of long tubes into a catback system from one of the major catback manufacture's. In Canada, Canadian Tire is Magnaflows biggest distributor,and they'll usually price match any online price you find,and if you're in Alberta there's a good chance they'll have it in stock in their Red Deer warehouse.My last 2 trucks have had Magnaflows catback systems on them bought through Crappy Tire

TheDirtyJester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Only if you had an exhaust shop build you a set of true duals.Unless you're boosted or nitrous'd you're better off running a set of long tubes into a catback system from one of the major catback manufacture's. In Canada, Canadian Tire is Magnaflows biggest distributor,and they'll usually price match any online price you find,and if you're in Alberta there's a good chance they'll have it in stock in their Red Deer warehouse.My last 2 trucks have had Magnaflows catback systems on them bought through Crappy Tire

Ok right now I have a flowmaster outlaw with 5” tips out the back. I really like the sound that it has now but I always liked the sound of headers on the Jeep’s we had. I’m not too worried about the cats but I’d like to keep the outlaw if possible. I just watched a video of an install but it was on a muffler deleted truck. But it looked like it was pretty close to around the area where the muffler is after the new y goes in. Or I’m just too tired and need to re watch in the morning lol. I’m in bc btw.

TheDirtyJester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh and other then the above I’m pretty much stock. Except for cold air intake.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Oh and other then the above I’m pretty much stock. Except for cold air intake.

Stick with a single in,dual out set-up then. Order the Y pipe to go with the headers you chose,and it should be almost a bolt up to your exhaust now.You might have to shorten a pipe,but that should be about it.Headers are going to make your wallet scream in Canada,and to get the most out of a set of long tubes you'll want to tune it,and being yours is an 18 you'll need an unlocked PCM and Bypass cable plus tuner to tune it.I'd go with HP tuning as there's a very good remote HP tuner in Edmonton who's every bit as good as any of the guys south of the border. Look up Player 3 Performance Tuning in Edmonton. If you don't want to tune it,you can do a work around that should keep the headers from throwing a code,and that's the old school double stacked anti-foulers with the top one drilled out to exceptthe back 02 sensor,and stuff the bottom anti-fouler full of steel wool.

TheDirtyJester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Stick with a single in,dual out set-up then. Order the Y pipe to go with the headers you chose,and it should be almost a bolt up to your exhaust now.You might have to shorten a pipe,but that should be about it.Headers are going to make your wallet scream in Canada,and to get the most out of a set of long tubes you'll want to tune it,and being yours is an 18 you'll need an unlocked PCM and Bypass cable plus tuner to tune it.I'd go with HP tuning as there's a very good remote HP tuner in Edmonton who's every bit as good as any of the guys south of the border. Look up Player 3 Performance Tuning in Edmonton. If you don't want to tune it,you can do a work around that should keep the headers from throwing a code,and that's the old school double stacked anti-foulers with the top one drilled out to exceptthe back 02 sensor,and stuff the bottom anti-fouler full of steel wool.
Thanks man that’s a real help. I will definitely look them up. Will they have the unlocked pcm and bypass cable as well? Lol I feel dumb on this subject.

David_Jacobs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought and installed the 1 7/8 Kooks headers, catted and Y-pipe. Quality was great, install was interesting. I had to cut the mounting tab in the oil dip tube, and bent that so that I didn’t have to remove the engine mount.

I bought the headers to avoid the exhaust bolt replacements, but was hoping for more performance. May have been better had I gone with 1 3/4 for the NA engine.