Billet Tech Catch Cans for 2013 8 Speed Models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Thank you. The more info we have regarding build dates and which trucks need the spacer and which ones don't will help us dial this in a little better. We have sold about 60 of these to 8 speed owners, and only 2 that I know of actually needed that spacer. All the others said it fit fine without it, and we have installed about 15 here that also fit fine without it.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I used the spacer for extra room but probably didn't need it.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Thank you. The more info we have regarding build dates and which trucks need the spacer and which ones don't will help us dial this in a little better. We have sold about 60 of these to 8 speed owners, and only 2 that I know of actually needed that spacer. All the others said it fit fine without it, and we have installed about 15 here that also fit fine without it.

I used it as well when you sent mine back in June or July (received my truck July 2), but I don't think I needed it either.

I had a similar situation with my Vararam. I had to get help with the install instructions because it said something about moving a wiring harness, but the wire was already mounted somewhere different and out of the way of the Vararam, so I was able to skip that entire step.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Okay guys I'm having issues finding the appropriate bolt on the heads. I have looked and looked for the bolt that has room to install the bracket. Can someone with an 8sp go and shoot a quick photo of the bolt they used so that I can get through the install? I have everything all apart, but am coming up snake eyes on this part.

There is no bolt where the photo instructions say to install it.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
I'm an idiot. I was looking back on the firewall.

Got it and installed in about 15 minutes if you don't count the brain fart.

be5epyga.jpg

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Decided to leave the engine cover off to get ready for the Vararam and throttle body to come soon from Moes.

FYI, no bracket would have been needed for this install.

I did cut back one of the hoses about 4" though.