bilstein vs 3" supreme susp. spacer? Need help finding part (bilstein) 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I've read the stickies about leveling your truck and I'm sold on the Bilstein 1500 adjustables but i'm having trouble finding these online for the 2WD. I own a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 V8. The ones I find are saying the fitment is only for 4WD. I found these Supreme suspension 3 inch spacers for $85 on amazon, great reviews and for 2WD. However I would prefer the bilsteins.

For measurements the front is at 36 " and the rear is at 39" exactly. So the 3" spacer would work great. I believe the bilstein goes to 2.8" however the one for the 2WD only goes to 2.5"?? So im thinking the spacer would be a exact match although if i have to lose 0.5" for a better ride I'm more then willing.

If anyone can link me directly that would be great!

Also if anyone has used this spacer let me know.

OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:
OP
OP
Itsalifestylee
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ended up purchasing the supreme suspension spacer 3" and new movotech Supreme upper forged control arms. Hopefully this will be just fine, if not I'll go a different route.

Barbara2007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am looking for the same info, not a lot of talk here for spacers on 2wd trucks. I have the 3" supreme spacer as well and haven't installed it yet. How did yours workout? did you just do the spacer and control arm? How about longer shocks and/or coil?

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
-Bilstein 5100 leveling struts are for 4wd only. Bilstein makes a shock (different part #) that you may have seen for 2wd that are simply just shocks for a nicer ride, nothing to do with ride height. On this site, if you see people referencing bilstein shocks/struts 99% of the time they have a 4wd.

-Some people have spacers but coils or even spindles are the preferred route for leveling 2wd.

-2wd and 4wd suspensions are very different so I feel that you maybe have seen alot of talk about the UCAs, but once again, 99% of the time this is for 4wd suspension. Although they will work with 2wd, they are not as necessary to upgrade

-Try the search function, I typed in "2wd level" and 409 threads popped up. The info is on this forum, I have been here for 8 years, trust me.

http://www.ramforum.com/search/517958/?q=2wd+level&o=relevance&c[node]=40