"Black Betty" 2nd Gen Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Only thing I see wrong with that picture is the equalizer settings. Too low! ;)

ScanGauge looks like it was meant to be there.

Just curious, where were your ants and what'd you do? I got the ants again in mine...damn tree.

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Only thing I see wrong with that picture is the equalizer settings. Too low! ;)

ScanGauge looks like it was meant to be there.

Just curious, where were your ants and what'd you do? I got the ants again in mine...damn tree.

Haha ya I had just plugged it in
But the ant were everywhere.. Can, engine bay, bed.. Literally everywhere, I park with my front bumper in a bush at work and they spent the day climbing in.. I used pro exterminator on the bed and what I could see in the engine bay then put a big bomb in the cab lol

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Haha ya I had just plugged it in
But the ant were everywhere.. Can, engine bay, bed.. Literally everywhere, I park with my front bumper in a bush at work and they spent the day climbing in.. I used pro exterminator on the bed and what I could see in the engine bay then put a big bomb in the cab lol
Ah, sounds like your problem was much worse than mine. I guess if it gets bad I'll do the same
I don't like the Velcro so when I get a chance I'm gonna do some fiberglass work on it

Gonna make a little screw-in type holder for it?

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Ah, sounds like your problem was much worse than mine. I guess if it gets bad I'll do the same

Gonna make a little screw-in type holder for it?

Yup. In the same spot it is now. Just so it looks cleaner

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Blackout is a little further in progress now.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408086481.172503.jpg

Ordered my headlights as well, they should be in next week.
Stereo, speakers, etc are on their way.
And hopefully I'll be able to drop her off to get her ring and pinion done

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
3 coats.. You can still see like a dark maroon in direct sunlight but I like it..
And I'm getting 4.56 yukons

esiegel91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
360 v8
damn bro love the camo work on the interior. do you have a link for the wrap you used? also how did you get the inserts out and what did you use to get it to stay on the insert? Adhesive spray? One last question. Did you staple the wrap on the console lid or just adhesive on that too?

OP
OP
CrumpManJr96

CrumpManJr96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
damn bro love the camo work on the interior. do you have a link for the wrap you used? also how did you get the inserts out and what did you use to get it to stay on the insert? Adhesive spray? One last question. Did you staple the wrap on the console lid or just adhesive on that too?

I used a real tree twill material from the fabric store. To get the panels off I had to break the plastic welds on the inside then when I put it back on I used jb weld to hold the inserts in.. And I used 3M adhesive spray to get everything to stick.. I think it's 3M 90 is the stronger stuff but I used that on the console too, took the lid off and apart then reassembled

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
This truck has really come a long way in a short period of time. Great work. She looks like a whole new truck already. :waytogo: