Blacked out sport grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like that black honeycomb, but I can't find just the inserts anywhere. Mopar may have them, but the parts catalog is quite confusing.

All I find aftermarket is the whole grill assy.

cdn cj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I also hated the chrome slats , as well as the chrome badges and lettering on my sport. I removed the lettering and replaced the badges with black.
I tried numerous paints for the slats but nothing would stick.
I eventually found a guy on kijiji that was selling his complete chrome grill with honeycomb inserts for $50.
Anyone want to buy a chrome grill (no inserts) ?????

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Back in January 2016, when i bought my replacement grille, to get the black honeycomb inserts, i had to buy a complete grille.

I still have the primered Grille Surround & the chrome slats in my spare room.
I also have the front & rear chrome bumpers that came on the truck from the factory.
I will never use those parts, when i drive around, i look for Rams with damaged parts

mullet6577

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was pretty close to doing either a wrap or some sort of paint on the chrome slats on my '16 Sport since they were the only chrome left on the exterior after swapping exhaust tips out for black. Ended up finding a used grille shell with black honeycomb inserts for a price I was comfortable with and did that instead.

Before and After
20240303_113920.jpg
20240303_122552.jpg

Last edited:

zrock

Reaction score
Just finished mine up the other day, not a hard job but i found it very tedious. Of course as soon as i started the job their were 3 complete honey comb grills for sale around me for cheap..

As far as a temp difference between the slats and honey comb the difference would be so small that most people would not have noticed it and if the veh is running properly then there should be no overheating issues.. As far as the dyno is concerned not showing the same results ummm last time i watched a dyno they always have large fans running to simulate air flow and keep temps down