Blackstone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe they test it the day it arrives and you get an email report within 2 days. That's what they used to say. But I've read online some people waiting a lot longer (maybe that was due to covid/labor shortages?)

I have something I want to test too ...love to hear recent experiences too.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm currently waiting on mine.
Mailed 10/24, received at Blackstone 10/28,
but they show it as arriving on 11/08, and
"testing" late last week.
I'm sure time off for the holiday has an effect.
The site says "check back later tonight or tomorrow
morning". Been saying that for days.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I believe they test it the day it arrives and you get an email report within 2 days. That's what they used to say. But I've read online some people waiting a lot longer (maybe that was due to covid/labor shortages?)

I have something I want to test too ...love to hear recent experiences too.

The "v.i.r.g.i.n" in my test is me! I've never done this before.
Looking forward to posting the results here, and anything you
guys have to say about it. :cool:

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Average is 2 to 3 weeks currently.

I called in just prior to receiving my last sample report at just before the 3 week mark and was told they are backlogged and short of staff.

I'm good with that, personally.
Although, I do get that in some instances there is a great need for expediency in reporting as well.

I asked them that if the analysis was critical, what's the procedure.
They said one needs to call in and flag it as such, and they will fast track it as best as possible.

The caveat to this is that they can usually tell if someone is crying wolf or being legit on a rush analysis request based on the fluid being analyzed and its results vs. what the requestor is indicating as critical and for what reason, too.

It's all relative, I suppose.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmm....

Who are some of the competitors out there? I wonder if they're just as backed up? Although 3 weeks for the application I'm considering wouldn't be a deal-breaker, seeing how I've been sitting on it anyway. Basically I have a seldom-used diesel skid steer with Mobil Dino-diesel oil, where the oil has been in there several years. I bought new oil, was about to change it, but what's in the engine still looks like new. Still blond color, which is odd for a diesel. I might still change it anyway, but I wanted too do a full analysis 'just to see' how the existing oil actually measured up, more out of curiosity than anything else. Less so the metals, etc. There's a lot of myths and oil-change BS on the interwebs. If the report came back real good, I might be inclined push the oil change off a bit. But mostly I want to see how much 'age' has affected it.

Last edited:

HuskerRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've "heard" on other forums about Oil Analyzers being much faster (a week-ish) and a bit cheaper with TBN included as part of the payment ($35.75). They're affiliated with Amsoil, so if you're paying their membership fee, the test is cheaper still ($29.99). I've not used them, but they're another option to check out.

My experience with Blackstone has been like everyone else's...about a 3 week turn around.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
In my case, USPS has Blackstone signing for the receipt of my sample on 10/28, but Blackstone showed my sample as received on 11/08. That's about 10 days in the twilight zone.

Then another week to show "opened", than another week to show
"testing", which began 1 week ago.

I mailed it on 10/24. This Monday will be 30 days.

As I've already said this is my first so I had no expectations, and I'm in no rush. I'm just providing my actual experience today.

As of this year I've been driving for 50 years, and doing my best to provide proper maintenance.

I'm happy to have Blackstone as a resource, and even more happy to be able to post the UOA here and see what folks think of it.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hmmm....

Who are some of the competitors out there? I wonder if they're just as backed up? Although 3 weeks for the application I'm considering wouldn't be a deal-breaker, seeing how I've been sitting on it anyway. Basically I have a seldom-used diesel skid steer with Mobil Dino-diesel oil, where the oil has been in there several years. I bought new oil, was about to change it, but what's in the engine still looks like new. Still blond color, which is odd for a diesel. I might still change it anyway, but I wanted too do a full analysis 'just to see' how the existing oil actually measured up, more out of curiosity than anything else. Less so the metals, etc. There's a lot of myths and oil-change BS on the interwebs. If the report came back real good, I might be inclined push the oil change off a bit. But mostly I want to see how much 'age' has affected it.
Other places to get UOA's is Oil Analyzers, CAT, Cummins & Fleetguard but the last two are harder to get if you buy direct, but they are also much cheaper to buy if you are buying them direct at $16.21 per UOA kit that includes TBN ( I buy 5 at a time when available to get free shipping) but you pay postage to send to lab about $5.00 that's lot cheaper then Blackstone's $35 base UOA test, $45 with TBN... IMHO Blackstone is okay for cars and pickups, now if you ask the majority of people who semis who they trust to due their UOA's its not Blackstone...

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
My last four reports have take three weeks since mailed which usually means two weeks after they received it. Prior to this for the last 20 years, never had a report take longer than 2 weeks.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My sample has been updated this morningfrom TESTING to ANALYZING.

USPS shows someone signed for receipt of the sample on 10/28. Blackstone shows receipt in 11/08.

As of tomorrow it will have been with them for 4 weeks...
:cool:

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hmmm....

Did you run it before looking at the oil? If it sat for years , all the black may be in the bottom of the pan, with any water that has formed, That is my concern with stuff that sits a long time.
I would drain off a liter or so from bottom and look at that , not the bipinstick.