Blinking dashboard lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulSldll

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I have a 2008 Ram 2500. Recently, the dashboard lights have begun blinking (not flickering) on and off while driving the truck. Speedometer and tach go to 0. No other anomalies seem to be occurring. The dashboard will blink on/off every 1-3 seconds. The blinking is not consistent - a blink could be 1 second or it could be a few seconds. The blinking does not occur every time I drive the truck. I don't seem to be able to find the one fuse for all the dashboard lights. Any ideas?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Just a thought, have you checked it for codes (OBD)? You mention having checked all the fuses, I'm assuming you're referring to the FCM under the hood. If that all checks out, I would look at a wiring diagram of your truck and see what all the anomalies have in common. Good luck,

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Definitely sounds like a loss of connection to your instrument cluster. Id start with pulling the cluster and cleaning the contacts and re plugging them. While your at it, check the wires and make sure none have been rubbed raw. Its pretty tight back there.Just a start.