Bluetooth UConnect trouble working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoffeeAnderson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For the most part, this does work. Every once in a while however, my phone will act like its not connected (contacts arent there or anything and music is playing throught my phone's speaker) and I will have to forget the device, delete my phone of my truck's system and re-connect everything. It is an absolute pain in the *** to do this because it doesnt want to re-connect half of the time. Does anyone know the issue here?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Make sure your phone is fully up to date, sometimes it's a software issue on the phone itself.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this issue occasionally. For me it happens when I turn the truck on in the morning and my phone pairs to it and then I walk away from the truck and it looses my phone connection. Only thing that solves the issue for me is turning the truck off for more than 5 minutes and then when I turn back on again It works for me. Definelty very annoying. When that does happen I usually just grab my phone charger and plug it into the multimedia port and play through a wired connection for the drive

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have this issue occasionally. For me it happens when I turn the truck on in the morning and my phone pairs to it and then I walk away from the truck and it looses my phone connection. Only thing that solves the issue for me is turning the truck off for more than 5 minutes and then when I turn back on again It works for me. Definelty very annoying. When that does happen I usually just grab my phone charger and plug it into the multimedia port and play through a wired connection for the drive

When this happens to me, on my iphone, all I have to do is go to Settings\Bluetooth then touch Uconnect again for it to reconnect. I can do it on the fly. Have you tried this? It worked with my Iphone X and now my 13 Pro Max.

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When this happens to me, on my iphone, all I have to do is go to Settings\Bluetooth then touch Uconnect again for it to reconnect. I can do it on the fly. Have you tried this? It worked with my Iphone X and now my 13 Pro Max.
Yup tried it, it says its connected but Uconnect doesnt recognize the phone, I also have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, turning BT on and off, forgetting and re-pairing the device doesnt even work for me

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yup tried it, it says its connected but Uconnect doesnt recognize the phone, I also have tried disconnecting and reconnecting, turning BT on and off, forgetting and re-pairing the device doesnt even work for me

Weird, it works for me. Even when my phone connects to another vehicle (as I'm moving vehicles around), I just have to reconnect from the phone and it I'm back up and going.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You alls fancy Smart phones & fancy Uconnect is something i don't understand.

My flip phone connects to the Ram by bluetooth
I do Not have the fee based Uconnect either

OP
OP
C

CoffeeAnderson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got it and yeah very annoying haha thanks

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
You alls fancy Smart phones & fancy Uconnect is something i don't understand.

My flip phone connects to the Ram by bluetooth
I do Not have the fee based Uconnect either
I don't have fee based uconnect either. but I have not seen this issue in my 8.4.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The only time i had an issue with my 2016
I just un-paired both my phone & the radio, then i re-paired both of them again

Irishthreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’m no tech expert but have never even messed with Uconnect. We plug the iPhones into the USB port and use all the functions of the phone, ie maps, Amazon music, hands free phone use, texts, etc, via CarPlay. My wife even uses my XM account to stream XM into her Civic, which didn’t come with XM. One account, used in 2 vehicles.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m no tech expert but have never even messed with Uconnect. We plug the iPhones into the USB port and use all the functions of the phone, ie maps, Amazon music, hands free phone use, texts, etc, via CarPlay. My wife even uses my XM account to stream XM into her Civic, which didn’t come with XM. One account, used in 2 vehicles.

You have a Uconnect with CarPlay. We don't, so for us to use the phone features, we have to connect via Bluetooth. We can plug in via USB for audio streaming.