Brace yourselves, TAXES are upon us!@!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tteal235

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright gents, I've mentioned this before about swapping my 5.7 to a 5.9. Since then, I have done a lot of research. I've narrowed it down to the donor I want and type of cummins I want. I am going with a 94-98 12v. I am aiming for a manual, but if I cant find what I want to the T, ill be happy with an auto until I find the right tranny. depending on taxes and if I can make up a good reason to my wife it will happen sooner than later.

Before everyone goes biting my head off, *YES I know this process isn't the easiest, I like a challenge. *NO I am not just going to go buy a diesel, I already have a 2500. (my truck is close to being paid off and I love my truck) *YES I want to put in the man hours and make this happen because you don't see it a lot and because I can do whatever my little heart desires.

I am choosing a 12v because of the amount of wiring that isn't needed, and I plan on supplementing with gauges and a lot of other custom things. my ordeal is though, how well does the 4x4 match up between the 2nd and 3rd gens. I haven't looked into that until recently and because this swap isn't done often I cant find much. Should I be looking for another 4x4 for the shafts and tc or will the ones I already have do fine after the swap? Maybe pulling the entire front end of the donor over to my truck would be easiest? perhaps the rear end as well? I'm not familiar with axles and drives as I haven't messed with mine or had too many problems to get down there yet.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So what do taxes have to do with this swap? You plan on funding it with your tax return?