Braided brake hoses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Elevated 2013

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cutting the line and flaring it. The factory hose is crimped directly to the hard line so you have to cut and flare the hard line and add the fitting in order to run the hose. It was just a tight spot and I’ve never done that before. Everything is great though now that it’s done.

How do you feel about the instructions and the quality of the lines?

azcoyote

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don’t know that he will feel that much different since he doesn’t have that many miles on them. Where, I have 76000 on my original brake hoses. So my hoses will have weaker walls and not hold the pressure as well as hose do at half the miles.
So firmer pedal feel only happens when the originals are old and flexing?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you feel about the instructions and the quality of the lines?
Well the instructions are online. No paper instructions. I don’t really remember them but everything is straight forward. The fronts is just swapping and rear is cut and swap.

So firmer pedal feel only happens when the originals are old and flexing?
I had a slightly better pedal feel again. But yes. Generally it’s just on older vehicles. The rubber hoses do flex a pinch but not much. I’m running 35s so I think this helped because I don’t have to press as hard to start slowing down.

Pretty much. He might notice it a little bit but not as much as I will.
Thankfully these will last longer than the factory hoses. Less breaking down from braking. I do feel a bit better pedal response but like you said it is not very much.

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I needed 18" longer brake lines I used sstubes.com. It was cheap, they have excellent customer service (sent me a wrong line overnighted the new one free), and a small USA company. For all new SS headlines plus 18" longer kevlar SS braided soft lines it was right around $210