Brake Light Out - Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctf0015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

Looks like my left brake/blinker is out (rapid blink w/ error message on message screen). Replace bulb, still out, replace socket, still out. Checked all other lights (3rd brake light, no issues | right brake/blinker, no issues). There was some water unfortunately in my brake light when I removed the housing.

Any idea what the issue is here?

Thanks for the help!

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello,

Looks like my left brake/blinker is out (rapid blink w/ error message on message screen). Replace bulb, still out, replace socket, still out. Checked all other lights (3rd brake light, no issues | right brake/blinker, no issues). There was some water unfortunately in my brake light when I removed the housing.

Any idea what the issue is here?

Thanks for the help!
Disconnect the neg on the battery for 20 minutes and then reconnect and see if it works. Could be a mini-stroke in the computer.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What socket did you replace it with? I recently worked on a buddy's truck and we were getting codes for both rear tails/turns. Even with led settings on and incandescent bulbs in, it still threw error codes. It looks like his sockets were aftermarket, swapped one out for one of mine and the problem went away. He put 2 new oem sockets in and hasn't had an issue since.

OP
OP
C

ctf0015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What socket did you replace it with? I recently worked on a buddy's truck and we were getting codes for both rear tails/turns. Even with led settings on and incandescent bulbs in, it still threw error codes. It looks like his sockets were aftermarket, swapped one out for one of mine and the problem went away. He put 2 new oem sockets in and hasn't had an issue since.
OEM straight from the dealership.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does the front signal work normal?
How about the mirror signal?
Check the socket for corrosion if the light had water. Also check the reverse bulb & socket.
Sounds like the left circuit has the problem.

OP
OP
C

ctf0015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the front signal work normal?
How about the mirror signal?
Check the socket for corrosion if the light had water. Also check the reverse bulb & socket.
Sounds like the left circuit has the problem.
Front signal, no issues. No mirror signal. Reverse bulb and socket, no issues.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Does the parking light filament work?
If so, the socket is getting power.
A test light helps chasing down electrical gremlins.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
May want to get the voltmeter out and probe to see if power is making it to the socket. Could be as simple as eye balls blurring out when wiring. Happens more often than not!