Bug Deflector Removal On 1999 1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blindchoctaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
My truck had bug deflectors on the hood and above the headlights when I got it. Just wondering how to remove them. What's the easiest way? and, Will the paint be chipped or discolored under them?
TIA

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Mine had this on it too. The main piece covering the grill was held in with a couple of screws through the grill. The two pieces over the headlights had double sided tape and a couple of rubber "buttons". I just carefully pulled them off and used goo gone to get the majority of the adhesive off the finished it off with an eraser wheel and some Meguire's Scratch X to get rid of any discoloration

Badger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get em hot with a hairdryer or heat gun and rip em off. Then take the leftover 3m tape off with a 3m stripe off wheel. Easy peazy lemon squeazy

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Heat does help too. I didn't need it as I did mine during the summer when it was pushing 112 outside in the shade lol

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
blindchoctaw

blindchoctaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Got the ones over the headlights off yesterday. I actually just ripped them off in my driveway and then took it to a pressure washer and all the glue came right off. The big one across my grill is actually attached with 3m tape also. I don't know if the screws are in it too.