building 360 motor want to beef transmission up (46RE)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have a 46RE transmission and im beefing my 5.9l 360 motor up and would like any suggestions on shift kits and larger valve bodies

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an FYI, shift kits and larger valve bodies really aren't "beefing" up the transmission. While they are highly recommended when beefing up the transmission, you'll also need to concentrate on the internals. Things like planet gears, sun gears, drums, clutches ect... A good transmission shop will set you straight when it comes to upgrades.

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd check with a good trans shop and see how much they would charge to either rebuild yours or you get one from the junk yard and let them rebuild it. That way you can still drive the truck. Or if you want to spend the money, buy a high performance transmission from a reputable dealer. I'm not sure about the 48RE, somebody on here that has better knowledge than me could help you better. But no matter what you decide to do I would absolutely upgrade the transmission.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
you can get ahold of built 545rfe for about 3k..idk what your budget is like though..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
BoDuke

BoDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Appreciate all the help guys. I'm going to look into the planetary and sun gears along with the shift kit and valve body.