Buying new truck, had to sign acknowledgment that connected services account can’t be activated?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yes, but while your truck is on fire and you're pinned under the seat, trying to get it out of your pocket, tapping the button to wake it up, then dialing 911 takes a bit longer than pushing a button on the dash. ;) Although, if I understand correctly, that OnStar thing hasn't worked out too well, either.
Appears us Canucks must be tougher then,as we don't even 911 connectivity up here :rolleyes: :Big Laugh:

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Unless your truck has the "Connected Services and 4G WiFi Hotspot Delete" option listed, you probably do have the equipment for it even if you're not subscribing to it. Your truck is one of the years that it's possible to get the delete, though.

Pretty sure this is why. Check your window sticker and see if you have the “Delete” option. This is probably Ram’s way to make sure they are covered legally when a vehicle has the connected services deleted.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Unless your truck has the "Connected Services and 4G WiFi Hotspot Delete" option listed, you probably do have the equipment for it even if you're not subscribing to it. Your truck is one of the years that it's possible to get the delete, though.

Pretty sure this is why. Check your window sticker and see if you have the “Delete” option. This is probably Ram’s way to make sure they are covered legally when a vehicle has the connected services deleted.
2022 was the only year there were connected services deletes because of parts shortages, and that was only for some 8.4” non-navigation radio equipped vehicles.
@Tulecreeper has a 5” radio, which have never been capable of connected services or WiFi because they don’t have cell cards.

Pre-2022 8.4” non-navigation and 5” radios are not capable of connectivity.
2022+ 5” radios are not capable of connectivity.
2022+ 8.4” non-navigation, 8.4” navigation, and 12” radios are capable of connectivity via a separate telematics box (unless it’s a 2022 8.4 non-nav that had the telematics box deleted).
NONE of these are the OP’s issue.
The OP has a 2024, and was signing to acknowledge that connected services won’t be set up AT THIS TIME. The dealership should have explained in more detail why that is, and it’s because of the battery drain issue (across most 2024 vehicle lines) that I outlined in post #14.
Once they release the software fix for that, then the OP will be able to set up connected services.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
2022 was the only year there were connected services deletes because of parts shortages, and that was only for some 8.4” non-navigation radio equipped vehicles.

5” radio, which have never been capable of connected services or WiFi because they don’t have cell cards.

2023 Tradesman, 5" screen, "connected services delete" credit on the window sticker.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Connected services is directly referring to the Trucks Phone Modem
It has nothing to do with your personal Cell Phone.

When your vehicle receives an Update, it goes through a Sierra Air Card that is within the radio. Each Sierra Air Card is assigned to your vehicles V.I.N.

The trucks rear view mirror has 2 buttons, 911 & Assist

911 can be used in an Emergency, BUT it does not know your location, to locate your vehicle, they would have to Investigate just which Cell Towers are being used by your Sierra Air Card. Just like you see on TV, when they are trying to locate a criminal.

IF you are involved in an Emergency, first try to use the cell phones in the vehicle first, that way, you can try to explain your location & the Emergency.

Now the ASSIST button, is connected to Ram Headquarters, if you call there, the people answering, only answer questions about your vehicle . From what i understand, it is like the owners manual in Audible form, you ask a question about you vehicle & some one answers it.

When i first bought my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, The salesman told me that IF i wanted Connected services, like Sirius XM, that i could press the Rear View Mirror button to set up that service.
I never pressed it.
I used a landline to initiate Sirius

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
What is Chrysler Connected Services?

Uconnect® is the award-winning connected vehicle platform that is built into Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Wagoneer, Ram and FIAT® Brand vehicles. It delivers available advanced connectivity, entertainment, Navigation and communication features that are as powerful as they are easy to use.

...................................................................................
Just found this, is it true ?

CANADA ??

How do I register for Uconnect Canada?

Register for the available Uconnect® Access 6 service from the comfort of your driver seat.
  1. From inside your vehicle, push the Assist button. on your rearview mirror.
  2. Select the Uconnect® Care. icon on your vehicle. touchscreen.
  3. A helpful Uconnect® Care. agent will register your. vehicle and handle all. the details.

Official Mopar Site | Uconnect Account Sign-In​

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
911 can be used in an Emergency, BUT it does not know your location, to locate your vehicle, they would have to Investigate just which Cell Towers are being used by your Sierra Air Card. Just like you see on TV, when they are trying to locate a criminal.

At least in the US, if you call 911 the dispatch center is automatically provided with your location data. There is no investigation required. If you hang up, though, no further data is given automatically. If there's an immediate threat to life, a quick affidavit can be used to get a 'ping' on the phone, but it's not continuous tracking.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Connected services is directly referring to the Trucks Phone Modem
It has nothing to do with your personal Cell Phone.

When your vehicle receives an Update, it goes through a Sierra Air Card that is within the radio. Each Sierra Air Card is assigned to your vehicles V.I.N.

The trucks rear view mirror has 2 buttons, 911 & Assist

IF you are involved in an Emergency, first try to use the cell phones in the vehicle first, that way, you can try to explain your location & the Emergency.

Now the ASSIST button, is connected to Ram Headquarters, if you call there, the people answering, only answer questions about your vehicle . From what i understand, it is like the owners manual in Audible form, you ask a question about you vehicle & some one answers it.

When i first bought my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500, The salesman told me that IF i wanted Connected services, like Sirius XM, that i could press the Rear View Mirror button to set up that service.
I never pressed it.
I used a landline to initiate Sirius
Don't have those, either.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Docwagon1776
For some reason, the vehicles AirCard does not work like a Cell Phone.

I think it is because the AirCard is assigned to the vehicles VIN & the VIN is registered to the vehicles Home Address.

So who ever answers at the Emergency Center, would call, like in my particular case, would notify someone in California, San Diego County..
The issue with that might be that i am up in Connecticut or somewhere else in the USA, so by doing so, the time to locate me may be delayed.
Where if i used my cell phone, it would be transmitted through Cell Phone Towers & not through Satellite

Sierra Aircard

1707450063799.png

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
Docwagon1776
For some reason, the vehicles AirCard does not work like a Cell Phone.

I think it is because the AirCard is assigned to the vehicles VIN & the VIN is registered to the vehicles Home Address.

So who ever answers at the Emergency Center, would call, like in my particular case, would notify someone in California, San Diego County..
The issue with that might be that i am up in Connecticut or somewhere else in the USA, so by doing so, the time to locate me may be delayed.
Where if i used my cell phone, it would be transmitted through Cell Phone Towers & not through Satellite

Sierra Aircard

View attachment 537144

I typed up a more technical reply, but let's just leave it at this: The system knows in real time where you are and will transmit that data. It's not like VoIP looking for a registered address like the old "Magic Jack" devices or similar. Directly from Sirius XM/Guardian's literature: ""If you are unable to respond, ASOS can direct emergency services to your location via GPS"" And the 911 button relies on a cell connection. Anything on the cell network necesarily has real time location tracking as it's the only way to know which tower to hit and when to do hand offs. The data location is absolutely available in real time without any investigation needed.

I started my law enforcement career in a dispatch center and worked my way up to a supervisor in a major felony office with stops as a patrol officer, detective, and field supervisor along the way. I've taken 911 calls, been dispatched on automated dispatches, and done warrants on cell providers. I've never had a vehicle dispatched in my jurisdiction that was actually somewhere else or gotten a call from another jurisdiction's dispatch that it was actually on us *except* incidents right on the border were it tagged a tower across the line and was automatically routed to their dispatch. Even then they instantly knew it was on us once a human viewed it. Believe what you like. I know how it works.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I don't think you can get that in Canada,as there is no 911 button for up here.These days everybody has a cell phone anyways,lol

It works in Canada. You get it free for whatever months. It's part of the SiriusXm Guardian service. ( It's not a 911 button it's SOS button)

There are two things which makes it confusing. Jeep/Ram Connected Services for Ram 2022+ and SiriusXm Guardian for Ram 2017-2022

@GTyankee As @Docwagon1776 said, It uses GPS to locate you. It has nothing to do with your home address.
Also @Tulecreeper doesn't have it. Nor can his truck do software updates OTA. Many Trucks in 2022-2023 range have it deleted. Depending on the trim, more so the HD's. He should have gotten around $300 rebate.
Was part of the Chip storage BS, Ford did the same thing.

Jimmy07 wrote about it long ago on another forum. He also correct about 2024. My friend bought his before they knew issue. Dealer was replacing his battery over and over. In his case, hardware is there, but it's disabled and app is gone.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It works in Canada. You get it free for whatever months. It's part of the SiriusXm Guardian service. ( It's not a 911 button it's SOS button)

There are two things which makes it confusing. Jeep/Ram Connected Services for Ram 2022+ and SiriusXm Guardian for Ram 2017-2022

@GTyankee As @Docwagon1776 said, It uses GPS to locate you. It has nothing to do with your home address.
Also @Tulecreeper doesn't have it. Nor can his truck do software updates OTA. Many Trucks in 2022-2023 range have it deleted. Depending on the trim, more so the HD's. He should have gotten around $300 rebate.
Was part of the Chip storage BS, Ford did the same thing.

Jimmy07 wrote about it long ago on another forum. He also correct about 2024. My friend bought his before they knew issue. Dealer was replacing his battery over and over. In his case, hardware is there, but it's disabled and app is gone.
The newest thing i own is the wifes Sept built 2019 Challenger,and it doesn't have an SOS or 911 button,at least not that i've ever seen.Is this an actual button marked SOS,be nice if somebody could post a pic of the button

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
An update was pushed out today.

Attachments

• 2024-02-09_13-14-49.jpg
    2024-02-09_13-14-49.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 25

CaptCurt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what is going on?

View attachment 537065
Last year, I had read that Dodge/Chrysler were having financial problems with their "Connected Services". When they started it years ago, they we're actually trying to compete with "On Star". Seems like it finally caught up with them.