C shaped LED tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Just to kind of keep this going, what I'd eventually like to see with these C-shaped lights, are some amber turn signals incorporated in somehow. I think they stand out better than the red, especially when the breaks are applied. Maybe PNUTLT1 will get them working on something like that. ;)

the problem with that is our trucks do not have separate rear signals, so they would have to build a detection system in each housing that looks for a pulsing input which would cause 1 of 2 problems...

Problem 1: would be where ive seen some of the LED bars that go under the tailgate actually delay illumination of the light till it figures out if its a turn signal or not, that delay could be the cause of a wreck and ultimately defeats the purpose of having LED tails.

Problem 2: if they still kept the instant on of the light when power is applied the light would illuminate red at first (even with the signal) and then turn amber, and personally im too OCD to have something that functions like that.

ultimately thats a large undertaking that would be not really cost effective for the aftermarket scene, and honestly i dont think there would be a high demand for the amber rear signals...

the good thing about the bar style tail lights like i have is that your parking light is the bar and the brake/ blinker is separate, so there is no dim to bright illumination, it goes from off to on and there is no missing the brakes or blinkers on these tails no matter what color they are

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh, I know it would be a huge hurdle to get that to happen. I just wish it was a possibility, or an option. Personally, I like the amber turn signals. They stand out more, in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, it seems most of the foreign auto makers use them.

Don't get me wrong. I really like these C lights in this thread, and I'm going to eventually get a set of them. I'm just throwing out ideas for future stuff. ;)

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Oh, I know it would be a huge hurdle to get that to happen. I just wish it was a possibility, or an option. Personally, I like the amber turn signals. They stand out more, in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, it seems most of the foreign auto makers use them.

Don't get me wrong. I really like these C lights in this thread, and I'm going to eventually get a set of them. I'm just throwing out ideas for future stuff. ;)

on one of my 3g rams that has separate rear signals ive actually put amber signals in the rear of it, its kinda neat but personally i like red signals on the rear myself

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Spyder also makes them. Here's the one I have been considering:
http://spyderauto.com/product.php?id=ALT-YD-DRAM09V2-LED-RC&t=spyder
Plug and play 2009-2018 (non led)
Reuse your existing reverse bulbs .

I will also look into the ones others have listed above.
My only concern is the "C" brightness as it is the tail light which I want to be very bright. The stop & turn are bright LEDs and acceptable.

If the "C" is not bright enough I would get Spyders model
# 5017567

BEAST19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
been running these neon tube c tail lights for almost a year . Tiny bit of suds from washing get into housing but seem to disappear when rinsing . No fogging issues or anything . Work flawless . No resistors needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schul788

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Spyder also makes them. Here's the one I have been considering:
http://spyderauto.com/product.php?id=ALT-YD-DRAM09V2-LED-RC&t=spyder
Plug and play 2009-2018 (non led)
Reuse your existing reverse bulbs .

I will also look into the ones others have listed above.
My only concern is the "C" brightness as it is the tail light which I want to be very bright. The stop & turn are bright LEDs and acceptable.

If the "C" is not bright enough I would get Spyders model
# 5017567

I just put those Spyder ones on my 2015 Sport. They are awesome looking and the "C" is super bright.

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone got pics of the new recon oled tail lights? I can't find any vids or pics of these things lit up.

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone got pics of the new recon oled tail lights? I can't find any vids or pics of these things lit up.

Do you know a part #? Their site has multiple options listed as new products, hard to know which you're talking about

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I ended up ordering these off eBay and have been very satisfied with quality and brightness. I believe they are same as Lonestar has but mine are clear.

LED Tail lights-1.jpg

LED Tail Lights-2.jpg

LED Tail Lights-3.jpg

Led Tail Lights-4.jpg

freshane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect thanks for the pics! Does the c-bar on the recons turn on when you put the running lights on? Do they go on and off with turn signals? Many thanks

The lights above are another good option as well.

Heucobob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got the 3rd brake light on the way

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Perfect thanks for the pics! Does the c-bar on the recons turn on when you put the running lights on? Do they go on and off with turn signals?

Just like the second picture shows.
The C-bar turns on when you turn either the running or the headlights on.
It stays on while on the brake, turning on the turn signals or the flashers.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quite a difference in pricing, is there anything better or different between the 3 shown?

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Quite a difference in pricing, is there anything better or different between the 3 shown?

I installed the amazon lights which are the same as the eBay ones. There are some quality issues in mine like where they broken the plastic out of the mold they don’t bother to file or clean it to match the rest of the light. If you need clarification I could take a photo.

The recon ones are triple the price I’m assuming because the quality is probably higher. Is it worth it ? Who knows. If I can use these for a few years that’s a bonus to me. The price was right [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect thanks for the pics! Does the c-bar on the recons turn on when you put the running lights on? Do they go on and off with turn signals? Many thanks

The lights above are another good option as well.

Just like the second picture shows.
The C-bar turns on when you turn either the running or the headlights on.
It stays on while on the brake, turning on the turn signals or the flashers.

^ Yep!

BCA87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Differences that I can easily point out and why I chose the Recon.
They made a set for trucks with OEM LED's right away..Spyder's are yet to be released.
The C-Bar is actually red instead of white..fits my Black/Red theme perfectly and I felt that the white would stick out like a soar thumb.
There's 2 rows of LED's for the brake and it seems that most others have 4..I like the way less looks but that may be personal preference.
This will also be personal preference and a tad nit-picky but I don't like how all the other options have that light on the side of the C-Bar..not as clean looking..check out John's pics to try and understand what I'm talking about there lol

Here are more pics to help

Lights4.jpg

Lights3.jpg

Lights5.jpg

Lights6.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca