Cabin water leak other than brake light or window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I finally pulled out my rear seat to find my leak and it's not surprising that it's been leaking so badly. Most of the flaps on the vents are missing.
View attachment 216855

View attachment 216856

Those look similar to mine. My subs were going out, and I checked my fuse at the battery, which was melted. Water was coming in directly into my amp. I'll be ordering replacements now. Doesn't seem like I'm able to pull the old ones out between the cab and bed, so hopefully I can cut them out and the new ones go in easier.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those look similar to mine. My subs were going out, and I checked my fuse at the battery, which was melted. Water was coming in directly into my amp. I'll be ordering replacements now. Doesn't seem like I'm able to pull the old ones out between the cab and bed, so hopefully I can cut them out and the new ones go in easier.
You can pop them out and they WILL fall maybe a little push to the left or right bit they will slide down between the cab and bed. Bring the new ones up the same way and pull back in. Take your time, dont force,flex, twist. And you'll get them in. I could not do it from the inside without starting to chew up the new edge on the metal and I was NOT going to be reinstalling my interior with a questionable seal again.

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can pop them out and they WILL fall maybe a little push to the left or right bit they will slide down between the cab and bed. Bring the new ones up the same way and pull back in. Take your time, dont force,flex, twist. And you'll get them in. I could not do it from the inside without starting to chew up the new edge on the metal and I was NOT going to be reinstalling my interior with a questionable seal again.
I had tried that and couldn't get them out before. Just got my new ones and decided to manhandle things a bit. Ended up twisting the old ones and pulling them into the cab. Luckily was able to do the reverse to put the new ones in. Total time was 5 minutes. Will check for leaks to make sure I didn't damage a seal, but I think I'm good. Here's a pic of the old ones. The one will all the flaps gone was right above my amp.IMG_20200916_175747007.jpg

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had tried that and couldn't get them out before. Just got my new ones and decided to manhandle things a bit. Ended up twisting the old ones and pulling them into the cab. Luckily was able to do the reverse to put the new ones in. Total time was 5 minutes. Will check for leaks to make sure I didn't damage a seal, but I think I'm good. Here's a pic of the old ones. The one will all the flaps gone was right above my amp.View attachment 221659
Incredible they fall apart like that.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just had to replace mine as well. I went digging around in my under seat storage and all of my work gloves were wet after we had a good rain. I turned on the hose and ran some water on them to confirm, and within about 3 seconds, the top of the passenger vent was completely full of water. I knocked them out and just let them fall, then dropped a piece of paracord I had laying around through the opening and tied it to the new vent and pulled it up into place. I put a bead of 3m 5200 fast cure marine sealant on the new vent at the seal, then once it was installed, I ran a bead of the same around the inside. Did this for both sides. Took longer to get the seats out/in than anything else. The vents themselves took just a few minutes. Hopefully the new ones dont decide to degrade and leak at some point, I'm not sure I can get them out with all of the sealant I put on them.

jlandry48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those vents r very cheap to replace. They have a new version of them now. Also I found the roof seam on the passenger side had small cracking in the paint and was allowing water in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Would you happen to have the part number for the new style? And, does it fit the 1500?

jlandry48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I bought last 6-2019 it was:
Manufacturer: Mopar Part Number: 68323649AB Part: Pressure Vent Replaces: 68157351AC, 68157351AD, 68323649AA
Will it fit the 2014 1500?

Jstruthers92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just pulled out my seats and carpet as I had a ton of water in the well after heavy rain. I found the covers on both vents were completely gone letting water just rush in. I also found my sliding window seal to have a small leak as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 3