Can the tow mirrors be changed the power folding mirrors to get 360 feature?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was taking about "power folds" on the 2500 so it would seem they could be ordered for the 1500 I was thinking. So your truck will have Power Folding Mirrors with 360 views?

Yes sir it will

When it comes in will you update us to let us know? I was told upon ordering mine it was not possible to get 2500 mirrors on the 1500 with power folding tow mirrors):
So to be clear, I think what is being asked is, can the 1500 be optioned with power folding TOW MIRRORS AND 360 view?

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So to be clear, I think what is being asked is, can the 1500 be optioned with power folding TOW MIRRORS AND 360 view?

I think somewhere here someone got the impression that I ordered power folding tow mirror. My are the regular power folding with the 360 degree cameras, not the tow package mirrors.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
That was the question on post 16. They can be ordered on a 2500 Ram but the the 1500 is my understanding.

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is a third party company, supposedly working with FMC to sell a user install kit for power folding mirrors, not tow mirrors, to swap out the tow mirrors on the 1500. It will include a new door switch and possibly a wiring harness, and a chip to update the computer to recognize the folding mirrors. But, it will not include the cameras to give you the 360 view.

So, for those of us who didn't read the fine print and got a Ram 1500 Limited truck with manual folding tow mirrors... we gave up the power folding AND the 360 view, just to get wider mirrors and trailer brakes, which could have been added to a truck with the standard power mirrors. There's no option to add the 360 view back to the truck, and we have to go to a third party, for now, to add power folding mirrors... for $1700.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Knew I was ordering manual Fold Tow mirrors when I ordered the truck,I just wish they would include the power folding tow mirrors on the 1500 like the 2500 HD.
But for all the folks who ordered the tow mirrors thinking they were power folds that were not to me is just wrong by FCA. So they should offer a fix to the ones that were not clear on what was being sold to them. When i first saw the 19's it made me think even the Tow mirrors were going to power folds which has been a complaint from us tow mirror Ram guys since the regular power folds came out! Hope they do something for you folks.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Knew I was ordering manual Fold Tow mirrors when I ordered the truck,I just wish they would include the power folding tow mirrors on the 1500 like the 2500 HD.
But for all the folks who ordered the tow mirrors thinking they were power folds that were not to me is just wrong by FCA. So they should offer a fix to the ones that were not clear on what was being sold to them. When i first saw the 19's it made me think even the Tow mirrors were going to power folds which has been a complaint from us tow mirror Ram guys since the regular power folds came out! Hope they do something for you folks.
They’ve always described them correctly...
“Power trailer tow mirrors w/ manual fold-away”.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here is an option - expensive but I may do it. I absolutely hate these tow mirrors. I'm towing a 26' boat and would prefer a standard mirror over these.
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/19-20-ram-truck-power-folding-mirrors-package
Well, gee whiz! For $300 more, might as well just order the truck with the power folds and surround view. At least you’ll get all the other options that come in that package, too (adaptive cruise, lane departure, etc...).

msw1382

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well, gee whiz! For $300 more, might as well just order the truck with the power folds and surround view. At least you’ll get all the other options that come in that package, too (adaptive cruise, lane departure, etc...).

Ya but for those of us that can't read when buying the truck, this is an option.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They’ve always described them correctly...
“Power trailer tow mirrors w/ manual fold-away”.

Jimmy, There is a thread on RAM Forum dot com where many say when the 19 was first available to order and stickers on the trucks at the lots stated power fold tow mirrors as well as the ordering program the dealers had,but when the trucks arrived or closer look to ones on the lots were not power fold tow mirrors. It was corrected on future orders but many who first bought and ordered trucks it was not. it was a real mess I guess from what all is said. I ordered my Truck knowing what I was ordering but when I looked at the 19's on line at Ram it was very clear when building a truck online the tow package was Power fold tow mirrors with brake control. Many are not happy with it at all. If my truck would have arrived after I ordered with any thing not on it I ordered I would have refused delivery. I think many did as well. Glad Ram got it corrected early on for other folks.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Jimmy, There is a thread on RAM Forum dot com where many say when the 19 was first available to order and stickers on the trucks at the lots stated power fold tow mirrors as well as the ordering program the dealers had,but when the trucks arrived or closer look to ones on the lots were not power fold tow mirrors. It was corrected on future orders but many who first bought and ordered trucks it was not. it was a real mess I guess from what all is said. I ordered my Truck knowing what I was ordering but when I looked at the 19's on line at Ram it was very clear when building a truck online the tow package was Power fold tow mirrors with brake control. Many are not happy with it at all. If my truck would have arrived after I ordered with any thing not on it I ordered I would have refused delivery. I think many did as well. Glad Ram got it corrected early on for other folks.
You must be thinking of a different situation entirely. When they first came out, if you built certain models and added the tow group (which includes MANUAL FOLD AWAY tow mirrors), you were also required to add the level 1 equipment group (which includes 360 view camera). It was not specified at the time that you can’t have 360 view with tow mirrors, so, they would give you the entire tow group and only remove the 360 view from the level 1 equipment group, then they later mailed out partial refund checks for the missing 360 view feature from the level 1 group. NOW on the build site and window stickers, it is specified in parentheses next to the 360 view option “not available with tow mirrors”. On the 1500’s, the tow mirrors themselves are, and always have been, described as “power (black or chrome) trailer tow mirrors w/ manual fold away”

gybob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You must be thinking of a different situation entirely. When they first came out, if you built certain models and added the tow group (which includes MANUAL FOLD AWAY tow mirrors), you were also required to add the level 1 equipment group (which includes 360 view camera). It was not specified at the time that you can’t have 360 view with tow mirrors, so, they would give you the entire tow group and only remove the 360 view from the level 1 equipment group, then they later mailed out partial refund checks for the missing 360 view feature from the level 1 group. NOW on the build site and window stickers, it is specified in parentheses next to the 360 view option “not available with tow mirrors”. On the 1500’s, the tow mirrors themselves are, and always have been, described as “power (black or chrome) trailer tow mirrors w/ manual fold away”
Except on my Limited sticker where they are listed as "Power Chrome Trailer-Tow Mirrors" under optional equipment and "Power Multi-Function Fold-Away Mirrors" under exterior features. Also interesting to note that nowhere on the sticker is there any mention of 360 camera or manual fold-away.

unnamed (1).jpg

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Except on my Limited sticker where they are listed as "Power Chrome Trailer-Tow Mirrors" under optional equipment and "Power Multi-Function Fold-Away Mirrors" under exterior features. Also interesting to note that nowhere on the sticker is there any mention of 360 camera or manual fold-away.

View attachment 146901

That is correct and what I was referring too as well as the Jimmy's post. The partial refund check was not really what all of them wanted on the first mistakes before the actual power fold mirror mistakes your listing on the sticker misleading a many before it was corrected.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can see how it could be confusing, but deceptive, no. You’ve gotta use a little deductive logic sometimes. Being that the power folding tow mirror option does not exist on 1500’s, you can only deduce that “power multi-function” is referring to the ability to adjust the mirror with power buttons and having memory.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can see how it could be confusing, but deceptive, no. You’ve gotta use a little deductive logic sometimes. Being that the power folding tow mirror option does not exist on 1500’s, you can only deduce that “power multi-function” is referring to the ability to adjust the mirror with power buttons and having memory.

The early orders were stating "Power folding tow mirrors". Leading one to think FCA changed 19 models to have "power fold tow mirrors" as the orders stated. FCA changed order wording to "manual Folding Tow mirrors." as like you say the 1500 trucks were prior to the 19 year. For an example orders stated "adjustable rear Seats" on the 19 and sure enough it has "adjustable Rear Seats" Prior to the 19 models they do not have adjustable rear seats so. There was no deducing logic to see the order state Power Folding tow mirrors for a truck to arrive with out it imo. I had to correct my dealer when Ordering, FCA had changed the wording to correct the issue that my truck would not have Power folding tow mirrors. Dealer looked it up twice to verify what I told him. Sorry but if one ordered early is was deceptive imo and many others opinions as well.I think build dates has a lot to do with it. My Build date was July not early in the year.

BTW my truck has memory mirrors that are power adjust and heated but not power folding as it stated in early orders. I suppose if some dealers may had the ordering software in the data base it could have read that way regardless of FCA options and descriptions. I do not know how software is loaded and updated at Dealers levels.:)

Last edited: