Catch Can, Breather HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPOW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
I have a 2004 5.7L. Ive had a CAI on the truck basically since new. I have a filter on what i believe is the Crankcase breather. However, i am getting a lot of blow by. Oil is getting everywhere. Every so often i have to replace the filter because it is clogged with oil. My question is, What do i need to get to replace this? I've done some research and have narrowed it down to either just a Moroso breather catch can, and a BT Catch can. Im just not sure.

I Believe that i just need something to catch the oil and breath, without having to reroute back to the PCV Valve. Am i correct? Thanks, JPOW

Attachments

• IMG_1925.jpg
    IMG_1925.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1927.jpg
    IMG_1927.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 62

07rambo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed a 15$ catch can from eBay and it works great haven't had any oil on filter since and it has a lil clear tube to see how full it is

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May be time to check your pcv system for proper operation, leaks and anything unusual. Have you ever replaced your pcv valve?

Properly operating pcv system should stop blow by through the make up air line.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A good read on PCV system @ www.oilcatchcan.com
If my posted link doest work just go to oil catch can.com