Central locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tracks4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi guys
I have an MY22 2500 6.7 Cummins.
I am about to add a service body to the truck, and want the central locking to work from the truck to the 4 x locks I am fitting to the body. Normally I would pull from an existing lock motor and create a lock and an unlock using 2 solenoids per action thus allowing the reverse polarity to open close, this method also isolates the aftermarket wiring from the hem wiring.
I tested the system with just a battery works great, then put it on the truck and it killed the central locking altogether! Once the system was disconnected from the car the central locking returned to normal.
I had a 2014 2500 before and I remember the autolec pulling his hair out now I see why from memory he had to add blocking diodes to get it working.
I only have 1 central locking motor to play with at the moment if I connect this directly to the cars wiring happy days it works!
So I have a couple of questions,
Does anyone have a wiring diagram showing from an existing door actuator to get this going
Or are most people just driving additional actuators directly from the car without isolating through relays? I spoke to an auto let today who says they never isolate they just add to the existing circuit.
All help appreciated thank you

Ricktara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you are smarter than me but my 2 cents is the additional load makes the tipm think there is a short. Maybe you can find a way to connect a trigger to one of the locks that trips an additional relay so no additional load to OEM circuit.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like the optional VSIM module has the function you need.

Here’s some links.

https://www.ramtrucks.com/ram-commercial/body-builders-guide.html

https://www.ramtrucks.com/BodyBuilder/service/Image?imageId=MtQrP/FqLY5r/est8MtGjGgHzAHGUTU0WB3rWuqSY7YmQ2vEhuBWBFZYAtkioJpY

If the truck does not already have the optional VSIM it’s probably easier to just use relays to isolate your additional lock loads.

You could likely use a switchpros 9100 or similar aftermarket power controller via the trigger inputs, but I would discuss it first with their tech support.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Look for an "up fitters guide", I know RAM publishes these but I don't know where you can find them. Perhaps a search or ask your dealer.

OP
OP
T

Tracks4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for the response, sadly the truck did not come with the module, as I said I had it done to a 2014 just hoping some one has experience out there with this