Changed oil now truck shaking with codes HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gerald T1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you pulled the dip stick and checked the oil level?
Yup, looks full. I’ll send a pic
Oil pressure is usually measured in PSI.

Could an incorrect oil type have been put in your engine? This could result in a drop in pressure depending on its characteristics. Just thinking out loud.
I used Mobil 5w-20 full synthetic.
Either your analog gauge on your cluster, or you can page through the menu on your EVIC until you come to the "Vehicle Info" page then use your right/left buttons on the steering wheel until you come to the "Oil Pressure" reading. Should read somewhere between upper 40's and lower 50's PSI.
Ok I checked the cluster but couldn’t find it but I’ll look again
If the oil level was full 99% this is the issue, it should have been common knowledge just change this the second you had an issue after an oil change. The orange can of death is a real thing, dont drive the truck til a new filter is hanging on it. Mis well go to oil stop and just get another oil change. If m1 uses louvers could be closed louvers in center tube as well.
I haven’t driven it since the problem occurred and I posted here. The problem came about 2 days after the oil change.

I’ve been swamped at work so haven’t had a chance to address it. But I’m not driving it.

I’ll check the gauge to see if it tells me the pressure when I get a chance then change the filter and see if that helps.

OP
OP
G

gerald T1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_8504.jpeg

Here is the oil pressure gauge in the top left. I haven’t driven the truck in a couple days and this was just after I started it today.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Normally, i would think ..............

Oil is too thick, MDS wants 20 weight

DTC P1416 Dodge? · Low oil pressure or blocked oil passage · Faulty MDS Solenoid · MDS Solenoid harness is open or shorted ...

(DTC) P3497 stands for “Cylinder Deactivation System Bank 2.” This code is logged when the powertrain control module (PCM) detects that there is a problem in engine bank 2 of the cylinder deactivation system.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
View attachment 531872

Here is the oil pressure gauge in the top left. I haven’t driven the truck in a couple days and this was just after I started it today.
Is 58 your oil pressure, or is it your remaining range in miles on what's left in your gas tank? I ask because above the number 58 is a heading that says "Range mi".

OP
OP
G

gerald T1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Changed to Fram filter before I read recommendation.
Still getting shaking and codes:
P0306
P3497
P1416

Off to the mechanics next few days I have time, I’ll have an update for you guys.

I truly appreciate all the help!
Is 58 your oil pressure, or is it your remaining range in miles on what's left in your gas tank? I ask because above the number 58 is a heading that says "Range mi".

No 58 was the range, I was low on gas.
The top left gauge is the oil pressure.

KKBB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The oil pressure I saw was just the sweeping guage from low to high. It looks fine, but everyone is talking about scrolling through and putting it on the oil psi screen, which will show exact oil pressure with a number in psi.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Changed to Fram filter before I read recommendation.
Still getting shaking and codes:
P0306
P3497
P1416

Off to the mechanics next few days I have time, I’ll have an update for you guys.

I truly appreciate all the help!

No 58 was the range, I was low on gas.
The top left gauge is the oil pressure.
Then going by the analog gauge in the upper left, it looks fine to me.

OP
OP
G

gerald T1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The oil pressure I saw was just the sweeping guage from low to high. It looks fine, but everyone is talking about scrolling through and putting it on the oil psi screen, which will show exact oil pressure with a number in psi.
I couldn’t figure out where to find that screen. I’ll try again